Welding gas = OFF (shop tip)

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #11  
I think you missed the point. Helmet on the valve signals it is closed. Helmet not there is open. Need a helmet for each tank?

I learned the hard way on shutting the valve after I replaced my dual dial meter with a flow meter and forgot to close the valve. Lost almost a half a tall tank of C25.

Well using the technique that you state is the point that he missed of a helmet for each tank I see a bit of a problem.
OK
one helmet for the Argon
one helmet for the C25
one helmet for the Oxygen
one helmet for the acetylene
and if you use propane then another helmet.

Minimum of 4 helmets maybe 5.
I now see a new problem with helmet management and valve verification.:eek:

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #12  
This thread is cracking me up!:laughing:

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #13  
Only if you mean cracking in the sense that you crack the valve on the tank.:laughing:

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip)
But Dave; youre young enough to remember. Its been at least 2 weeks since I was that young. And you actually finish too (Done!).

/ Welding gas = OFF (shop tip) #17  
It's true, I didn't get old yet. Only 48 now so I've got time to develop forgetfulness ;)
Actually if played right... forgetfulness can be an positive attribute if not a savior in getting out of hot water as you age. :D. You just have to start conditioning your subjects before you really start forgetting. :laughing:

Dont tell that to my wife

The other day, before closing the door for 5 days.....I glanced across the shop at my argon tank. The blue tape was inline with the regulator. Didn't have to walk over there and verify its closed. My current thought is this method is a keeper.

Now I worry about the possible proliferation of (other) memory crutches. For example my wife saying "is this blue tape just a scrap or another one of your reminders"? And then, responding that "I'm not sure, but leave it alone in case it is." Thats a ways down the road though....;)