Don't make it easy.

/ Don't make it easy. #1  

BufordBoone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 & M7060
Saw a show where they were cutting locks off storage units. They used a battery powered angle grinder with a cut-off wheel.

This made me realize I shouldn't leave angle grinders and cut-off wheels where a burglar could easily access them. Same goes for bolt cutters.

I've got an old steel cabinet. That stuff gets locked up now.

Take a look around your shop at what someone might use to cut your locks, etc.

/ Don't make it easy. #2  
Since the days of cordless grinders padlocks and zip ties are in similar means of security.

/ Don't make it easy. #3  
Are cordless grinders and sawzalls considered burglar tools if you are caught on the road with them and don't have a business or farm use for them? Like having pry bars and bolt cutters in a vehicle?

/ Don't make it easy. #4  
Anything could be considered a burgler tool if the right cop wants to mess with you. heck, a credit card could be considered a burgler tool.

Officer that is a customer of mine had a guy suspected of theft pulled over and the guy was basically saying prove I am your suspect, and the guy had a 5 gallon bucket in the bed of the truck with a cresent wrench, hammer, and pliers and was charged with felony possession of burglary tools and had his pickup truck impounded.

/ Don't make it easy. #5  
Anything could be considered a burgler tool if the right cop wants to mess with you. heck, a credit card could be considered a burgler tool.

Officer that is a customer of mine had a guy suspected of theft pulled over and the guy was basically saying prove I am your suspect, and the guy had a 5 gallon bucket in the bed of the truck with a cresent wrench, hammer, and pliers and was charged with felony possession of burglary tools and had his pickup truck impounded.

Then I guess any farmer or handyman out on the road could be charged.

/ Don't make it easy. #7  
I arrested a burgler once with real burglur tools. He walked.

We also arrested a guy who was driving around cutting catalytic converters off cars in used car lots at night. He used a cordless sawzall. And had 4 CC in the bed of his pickup truck. He also walked. [Couldn't prove they were stolen or from where. No victim, no crime.]

4570 Man is correct.

BTW 45-70; Springfield Trapdoor or a newer shoulder buster.

/ Don't make it easy. #8  
I use pry bars, sawzalls, and a cordless grinder nearly everyday for demolition.

/ Don't make it easy. #9  
Other than the bright light it makes, cant beat an oxyacetylene torch for opening things up.

/ Don't make it easy. #10  
Back when I used to repossess motorcycles, I had a 12-volt grinder (home-made) and a little wheel to cut through locks. Forty years ago. Nothing new here! But it certainly wasn't a "stealth" removal.

Last edited: