Buy syncrowave 200?

/ Buy syncrowave 200? #1  

Tractorguy24

Bronze Member
Tractor
Alright, im still looking for a tig. I found a miller syncrowave 200 for sale for $1300 Canadian. Air cooled torch and no bottle. Seems like the syncrowave has quite a few bells n whistles? What do you guys think of the price? Any input is appreciated!

/ Buy syncrowave 200? #2  
I’m going off memory but that machine is Miller’s transformer machine. $1300c is an OK price. Read the manual a lot of Miller machines will tell
You the hours but I don’t know if that one does. If I recall that machine can take a spool gun too.
I shied away from it because I couldn’t move it without a crane or two people. But if that isn’t on your needs list give it a try- you won’t lose money at that price.

Verify it has the foot pedal- that’s a few hundred bucks.

/ Buy syncrowave 200?
Thanks for your reply, rneumann.
Yea it does have the foot pedal. The manual tells how to check the hours, but even if I knew them, it wouldn't tell me anything. I know how much hours on a tractor is a lot and what isn't, but I have no idea on a welder:D
And the weight doesn't matter. Im sure my old two fifty twin stick welder is a bit heavier:laughing:

/ Buy syncrowave 200? #4  
The syncrowave 200 should be transformer based.
The syncrowave 210 is the inverter model (of questionable quality) that also runs a spool gun.

/ Buy syncrowave 200? #5  
The price is good for "our" area. I paid $1750 CDN for mine. 13 hours with foot pedal, torch, cables and a small bottle of argon.

IMG_7349.JPG

Sold it a couple of months later for $2250CDN when I found a bigger machine.

/ Buy syncrowave 200?
Thanks for your reply Dave!
So you're saying the quality of the 200 is not questionable (it is a transformer)?
This is probably a stupid question, but Why would you need a spool gun on a big? For Welding aluminium fast?

/ Buy syncrowave 200?
The price is good for "our" area. I paid $1750 CDN for mine. 13 hours with foot pedal, torch, cables and a small bottle of argon.

View attachment 559168

Sold it a couple of months later for $2250CDN when I found a bigger machine.
What did you do to it to make it worth so much more? let it live in your shop for awhile?
I know what you mean by the prices in our area:(
Ill probably keep the two fifty twin for heavy stick welding, so I don't need enormous amounts of power.

/ Buy syncrowave 200? #8  
What did you do to it to make it worth so much more? let it live in your shop for awhile?
I know what you mean by the prices in our area:(

By "our area" I mean British Columbia. I built the cart for it but the buyer didn't need it so I kept it. He was happy to find such a low hour machine, still under warranty.

/ Buy syncrowave 200? #9  
Thanks for your reply Dave!
So you're saying the quality of the 200 is not questionable (it is a transformer)?
This is probably a stupid question, but Why would you need a spool gun on a big? For Welding aluminium fast?

It’s just a MIG option. Aluminum or other metals would work with the spool gun. Miller, IMO, was making and marketing the machine as a high end homeowner/entry level commercial model that could do “everything.” That’s why they probably made the spool gun an option. Lincoln and others also make multiprocess machines.

/ Buy syncrowave 200? #10  
Don't despair. There ARE deals to be had occasionally. I watch Used Victoria/Vancouver and set alerts for Kijiji BC.

Here's my $850CDN ($570 USD) 351 S'Wave after "cleaning it up".

IMG_7875.JPG