Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #1  

JD2210MAN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
Has anyone out there purchased Horst Welding attachments?
I am looking into the #LD35 Pallet Forks attachment?
I have a <font color="green">Deere 2210</font> and am considering some pallet forks.
My Deere dealer has suggested the http://www.horstwelding.com/ . Here is the actual attachment page: http://www.horstwelding.com/index.php?item=44
If anyone out there has had any experience with them (or prices), I would like to hear.

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #2  
I have no knowledge of the pallet forks you are considering but I have just purchased the Horst utility grapple through my local dealer. It was installed on a Deere 990 heavy duty bucket.

The product is not usable for me; not because of the quality of the product, but it is way overkill for my unit. It is way too heavy for my tractor and will not close completely on the bucket. I believe that the unit is built for a commercial tractor despite what my dealer has told me.

The Horst web site gives little information on the specs of their products. I wish I had seen more about the product before deciding to get it for my tractor.

If you are sure about the unit fitting your tractor, don't worry about the quality of Horst.

I am now trying to put a little web information together here: http://www.carlislefamily.com/grapple.htm

The current talk on grapples has taken place just after I bought mine. If only I had just asked!

Kind Regards

Brian

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #3  
I just changed mine FEL to a quick connect and used a Horst brcket on the bucket. Mine dealer charged 135 bucks for it. The item is well made and the overall workman ship is good.

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #4  
Wow Brian, I came "this close" to ordering up one of those for the FEL I'm buying with my new L4300. You're right, wouldn't have been suitable AT ALL. Salesman, at first, steered me toward it and then, after seeing one at a show, started steering me away from it. Now I see why. Gotta be wary about buying stuff that has no printed specs.

Instead I'm having a Brush Claw from: www.weslor.com
installed. Saw it demonstrated on the 60" bucket of an LA452(?) mounted on an L2500. Unit is much lighter than Horst product. Doubt that, with cylinder, it goes over 160lbs. If you have quick attach bucket, the Claw needs two cylinders and will be heavier.

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #5  
Bob

I have been looking at that unit also. The company has told me that
they make it for the Kabota and the New Holland. They would need more information to do one for the Deere.

Since you have seen it, does it appear rugged enough for logs and stumps and such things as not to bend?

Also can you dig without the claw being in the way?

Regards

Brian

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210
Wow, they do not even come close to closing on your 990. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
They do look big. That would be such a handy addition to the bucket.
I know there is no way I could put them on my little 2210.
I would end up fabricating it myself.

I like your web page. My sister-in-law makes fun of me for doing such pages but... she needs to own a tractor to catch the fever. http://www.nscalemonster.com/deere/

The fact that Horst has no specs on their website really makes me suspicious!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #7  
The Brush Claw is fairly rugged Brian. However, I think if you grasped something 12" to 15" in diameter far off bucket centerline between lip of claw and bucket and were indiscriminate in applying hyd. power to close, you probably could deform the claw. There's a torque tube running the width of the device to soak up some of this kind of abuse, but I'm sure it can be overpowered. Like anything else, the learning curve includes understanding what constitutes abuse and how to avoid it.

It did seem quite handy at picking up 6x6 and 4x4 timbers in a broken skid pile. The hydraulic force used to close the device was limited to what was needed to pick up the object and move it securely. If the claw could close somewhere near evenly on a log across the width of a bucket, I'm fairly sure it could lift it if the loader could. The builder stated repeatedly that it'll grasp and lift stuff that will turn the tractor over.

Once I get my hands on it and have used it a bit I'll file a review on this site.
Bob

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #8  
We sell quite a bit of Horst attachments. They seem to be priced competetively, and quality has been good. As far as specs, they don't have good information available, but to put that grapple on the 990 bucket was a mistake on somebodies part. I would think when the order was placed, some confirmation on what tractor or loader the grapple was going on needed to be made.
The LD35 is a light duty fork (rated for 1200 lbs), and should be fine for the 2210, although my price book shows the LD35 without tines, and the LD3544 with the 44" tines. Should be around $500 with freight.
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #9  
I purchased a set of Horst Welding pallet forks with my JD 990. I'm guessing they are the standard duty (RD65). I use them more often than I use the bucket. (moving building materials, firewood, . . . ) They seem of good quality. I think I paid around $500 for them.

/ Horst Welding Pallet Forks - Deere 2210, 210 #10  
The 44" tines may be a bit large for the 2210.

I used a set of used 36" tines on my JD 4110/410 loader on a self-fabricated carriage frame. I never find them to be too small, but frequently wish they were smaller when not being used. Alternatively, I wish the bucket roll-back would go further so they could be retracted when driving around empty.

- Rick