New Yanmar-Cub CUTs

/ New Yanmar-Cub CUTs #21  
cubcadetyanmar.com is the site to see the new tractor and some information,

/ New Yanmar-Cub CUTs
Its had the look of a John deere 2520 and they listed the lift limit thats identical to the 2520 specifcations. Looks like someone used what was already proven :)[/QUOTE]

Not knowing the JD line that well I looked at the 2520. Isn't that a smaller tractor/frame/weight than the 7000 series of Mitsubishi Cubs? At 32 HP I would think the new Cub is more in the 3203 or 3120 size. Until we see the specs and are able to touch and feel it we all might be speculating. I would guess there would be a lot of similarities between Cub-Yanmar and JD than there ever has been.

/ New Yanmar-Cub CUTs #24  
From what they say the complete line will be up to 50 HP. The 32 HP Mitsu in the 7500's is currently the highest powered Cub CUT offering.

Once the Cub/Yanmar's hit the ground, IF Cub dealers can provide service matched to that of JD dealers, the tractors should (and in theory BETTER) be a 100% success. Some have said they will not work unless the tractor is 100% Yanmar, but Yanmar tried that in their USA beginnings and found better success working with motivated USA manufacturers and dealer networks (JD).

Of course speculation is one thing- a great small tractor is another. But to be honest I don't think anyone has felt Cub's previous CUT/SCUT lineups to be great by any stretch, and they really need the expertise of Yanmar to get to that level.

-Fordlords-

/ New Yanmar-Cub CUTs
Fordlords,
Oh wow, you hit a nerve. :D “But to be honest I don't think anyone has felt Cub's previous CUT/SCUT lineups to be great by any stretch, and they really need the expertise of Yanmar to get to that level.”

My 7234 Mitsubishi Cub is 10 years old and I really can’t say anything bad about it as far as reliability, durability, and overall capability of the machine. It is my first tractor but when I bought it the specs were better than other comparable CUTs but the price was the deal breaker at the time. Some people have had problems with Cub models but as you read the other forums you find other brands with complaints as well. If I replace this one I will again consider price, specs, warranty, dealer availability, resale, etc. but I would not hesitate to buy another Mitsu Cub or Cub/Yanmar. So I’m not necessarily ‘Brand Loyal’ but to get a few extra ponys and an HST I would start first looking at the Cub line. :) This looks like a sound business arrangement with Yanmar. Yanmar has a well proven track record with JD and they are found in a lot of other applications, Marine, etc. so parts, and support should be easy to find.

/ New Yanmar-Cub CUTs #26  
MajMac392 said:
Its had the look of a John deere 2520 and they listed the lift limit thats identical to the 2520 specifcations. Looks like someone used what was already proven :)

Not knowing the JD line that well I looked at the 2520. Isn't that a smaller tractor/frame/weight than the 7000 series of Mitsubishi Cubs? At 32 HP I would think the new Cub is more in the 3203 or 3120 size. Until we see the specs and are able to touch and feel it we all might be speculating. I would guess there would be a lot of similarities between Cub-Yanmar and JD than there ever has been.[/quote]

THE EX3200 dosent state the weight but it mentions the loader with the ability of 900 lbs. Same as the 2520 which is conservative, but not overly impressive for a 32HP machine. If its supposed to compete with the 3120 it should weight 2900 lbs and its lift ability should be 1500 lbs minimum.

Cub built machines werent to effiecent in HP to PTO conversions - meaning high HP machine with low (compared to competitors) PTO outputs. Im sure Yanmar will help close that gap.

Right now not enough info available at least what I can find.

/ New Yanmar-Cub CUTs #27  
I didn't mean to hit any nerves with my comment, there have been quite a few Cub CUT models that have been very decent, and overall most owners have been pleased with them. By saying not "great," my meaning on that was on overall rating and resale value and a few other points, they have not been at that top notch level like Deere and Kubota, which is a level I believe that Yanmar is capable of getting them to. I think it will also be good for the dealers on the service level to have all the SCUT/CUT models eventually being under the Cub/Yanmar build plate, instead of some models being Diahatsu, some Mitsu, some Kioti, some with CAT engines, etc. You can't expect a service department to be capable of doing prompt, quality repairs when one name is made by several manufacturers.

And to those who presently have good Cub utility tractors, hats off to you!

-Fordlords-

/ New Yanmar-Cub CUTs
Not a problem Fordlands......and like Ducati said, until we see more on the specs on the new models it is all speculation at this point.

/ New Yanmar-Cub CUTs #29  
Fordlords said:
Once the Cub/Yanmar's hit the ground, IF Cub dealers can provide service matched to that of JD dealers, the tractors should (and in theory BETTER) be a 100% success. Some have said they will not work unless the tractor is 100% Yanmar, but Yanmar tried that in their USA beginnings and found better success working with motivated USA manufacturers and dealer networks (JD).

-Fordlords-

The new Cub will be a featured down or base model version of the AF and EF line of Yanmar’s. Extremely nice tractor but the Japanese version is much nicer. Size and weight wise per hp they are smaller and lighter than a normal US tractor. Definitely lighter than the Mitsubishi models of the past.

Yanmar left because they don’t like litigation

Buck

/ New Yanmar-Cub CUTs #30  
I heard a rumor that cub may be having some incentives to bring back market share when they roll out these new models. Anyone else heard this?

I am looking at getting rid of my 6284, the 32 hp cub/yan looks nice, but looks don't matter when I'm in my field. I was hoping to get a tractor that can do something, but I haven't seen any specs on the models above 32hp. On the website it says that they have the compacts up to 50hp.

Anyone got a lead where I can look?