New Sc2400

/ New Sc2400 #1  

GeaugaDeere

Bronze Member
Has anyone see pic's of the Cub/Yanmar Sc2400? Looks like the same size and set up as the Deere/Yanmar 2305, but in the Cub/Yanmar colors and with one wicked looking hood. I didn't see it on the Cub/Yanmar website, but saw in the latest edition of Diesel Power Magazine. Looks like a pretty nice set up and will probably cost a grand less than my JD2305!

/ New Sc2400 #2  
I was out on the cub/yanmar site this weekend and still don't see anything on it. any word on when this tractor will be at dealers? looks interesting.

Geagua, where are you located? I'm in Bentleyville - between the police station and the JD dealership on Solon rd. How do you like your 2305?

/ New Sc2400 #3  
They are supposed to start showing up at dealers in late March early April.

/ New Sc2400
Mike5252 - I'm actually over in Auburn Township, but list Chagrin Falls as that is/was our mailing adress. I love the 2305, It's really amazing at all of the tasks I've been able to accomplish with it. I borrowed my neighbors New Holland TC18 several years back and decided I really needed one of these little SCUTs. Its kind of amazing at all of the home owners within a 2 mile radius that have these smaller types of tractors.

I move about 15 yards of mulch each spring, I've moved over 50 yards of topsoil and 40 tons of river rock since we paved the drive in 06 and 20 yard of woodchips and not one issue with the Deere. After moving all that material, I pop off the FEL and put on my mower deck and get a great cut.
I did buy this Deere right there at Chagrin Pet and Garden, I went to high school with one of their salesman's sons and they met the price I wanted them to be at. I changed all of the oil and hydro fluids to Amsoil last Spring and am very happy I did.

I had a GT225 I bought down south of Ravenna, but that dealership no longer exists. I sold the GT225 the same summer I got the 2305, and wish I still had it. The 2305 is much heavier than my little GT was and really leaves tire marks when the grounds a little soft.

Sounds like we'll be getting some real intersting weather tonight too...might get to plow snow tomorrow.

Back on the Sc2400 - I cannot find this tractor on the web either, only pictures I've seen are from my Diesel Power Magazine (A free trade publication). It looks to be mechanically identical to the 2305 but in the Cub/Yanmar Black and Gold and with a very aggressive looking hood and front clip. I don't know why a Cleveland Based Company (MTD) would use Pittsburgh Steeler colors though....

/ New Sc2400 #5  
Geauga,

I am a cub dealer and had a chance to put one of these to the test in ky at a dealer meeting in oct. Great unit. I also sell Kubota and thought the cub would be a good addition to our lineup of equipment we sell in New Jersey. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Al

Ace Outdoor Power Equipment

/ New Sc2400 #8  
Al, any idea on pricing for the new sub cuts yet? I have a 5254 and am interested in the fel. Any idea if cub is going to dump the attachments for the 5000 series or will they fit the new machines?

Thanks Alan

/ New Sc2400 #9  
Is this expected to be on the same range of the 5000s cub cadets? that would put it pricing below 10K right! that would be awesome.

/ New Sc2400 #10  
List for the SC2400 is $10,599, FEL is $2200. Don't know what the decks will cost.