cub cadet yanmar sc2400

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #11  
I have always liked the Cub products I currently have a Cub that will need replacing in the next year of so. (18 years old) almost at the age to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages. With replacement with another cub in mind I recently visited a supposedly Cub/Yanmar Dealer wanting to see a EX3200. I walked around inside the dealership for fifteen (15) minutes and no one ever asked me if I wanted anything or if I had just came inside to get out of the rain. I left without ever seeing a EX3200 or having someone ask me what I wanted. Since Cub/Yanmar Dealers are some what few and far between in my area I would have to purchase from this dealer or travel several miles farther to another dealer. I have always been hesitant to purchase something from a dealer that offers poor sales service. I have found that if sales service is poor, repair service borders on non-existent so maybe the dealereship did me a huge favor. Enjoy your Cub/Yanmar, cub makes a good unit.

Last edited:
   / cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #12  
I don't have any prices yet on the Cub Cadet Yanmar EX450 with loader or backhoe. I should have list prices soon!

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #13  
Do you have any pics of the EX450 from your meeting? I love my SC2400 so much that I am considering the EX450...time to update from my Super MTA!

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #14  
I will scan a few pics from a spec sheet. Give me a few days
Thanks

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #15  
I spoke with my dealer this week after he got back from the Yanmar dealers meeting. Some good news...

The Japanese engineers have already released new brackets to replace the air cleaner mounting bracket and the fuel cleaner mounting bracket to prevent future cracks. I had earlier problems with these. They were replaced under warranty, but it's good to know that they've already re-engineered them for additional strength.

The other news is that there is now a version of the SC2400 being produced with a beefed up rear frame and a back-hoe option. Too late for me, but there are probably many out there who will want this option.

I was also told that there is now a snow-blower available for the SC2400 with hydraulic controls as well as a hydraulically controlled front blade for snow and dirt.

I'll be ordering the front blade as soon as I get the $.

I asked about the flex in the frame, and my dealer said that the Japanese engineers assured him that it is by design. He was told that without the flex the frame would be more likely to develop cracks. We'll see about that.

I worked the thing hard this week moving LOTS of composted manure down the hill to our gardens. No problems and lots of seat time.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #16  
Picture of the New 2009 EX450 Cub Cadet Yanmar

Attachments

• Front-EX450-Cub-Yanmar.jpg
    Front-EX450-Cub-Yanmar.jpg
    977.4 KB · Views: 890
  • Specs-EX450-Cub-Yanmar.jpg
    Specs-EX450-Cub-Yanmar.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 604
   / cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #17  
OK, new guy here...

I have been looking at some small tractors lately thinking about buying one for mowing a little but more for general work and gardening. Yes, I know, go buy a garden tractor... Anyway, I was wanting to get a loader on the tractor as well as a three point ( which i'm in the process of building for a 'garden tractor' right now ) and while I have to admit that I really like the size of the sc2400 I'm a little leary of the whole cub cadet thing. I know they've had some quality issues over the past 10 or so years. if you don't believe me, surf some of the forums. Mind you I'm not just getting on here to bust on cub cadet, as i stated earlier, I really like what I see when i went and looked (physically) at the sc2400, but I am a little concerned about how the things are holding up.

I also went to the cub / yanmar web site and was looking at the specs and I really need someone to explain to me how I'm suppose to be reading the specs tab at this site;
Product: Sc2400
I ask because the way I'm reading it the engine is rated to go to 3300 RPMs and the mid pto is rated to run at 2100 RPMs when the engine is running 3336 RPMs. Yeah I know, even if I'm reading it correctly, it's only 36 RPMs difference, but if you think about it, that's 36 RPM's past red line. I would think they wouldn't set the thing up so that you have to run past red line to get the mid pto to run at it's rated RPM. Am I wrong?

type your answer slowly, I don't read fast, obviously. Seriously I am interested in finding out more about these and how they are holding up.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #18  
Don't compare old Cub Cadets to the Cub Cadet Yanmars, Most of the old Cub Cadets were being built by an outside source like Kioti and mittsubishi.
We have had great success with these Cub Cadet Yanmars!

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #19  
just got a quote after driving all colors and brands around my area
ended up real close between the sc2400 and a kubota bx2360
the sc has it beat in more ways than price the only thing I dont like as well is the front mount blower on the sc2400 that I drove is not what I think a quick mount is loader is fine but the blower looks like its at least a half hour take off time unit
any of you guys that have one am I wrong or do they have a quick mount that I missed at the dealership
think I got a damned good price offer tractor loader mmm front blower cab (all steel except for removable back panel and the dealer offerd to change it to a steel back if I wanted) cab heater work lights hyd chute control
less than $21,000. at least I think its a good deal got a couple weeks to make my decisiong yet
but **** that lil yanmar feels good driving I am 6'2" 245lbs and have a steel knee so the platform had to fit just wish the sc had the two pedal hst like the kubota

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #20  
went back in took off a blower popped on a blade on the quick hitch
that took allof 6 minutes
looked at the quick hitch looks like probably aten minute or so job when you can get at things good to put on the loader
might have to seriously consider the blade now that I see how fast the blower pops off
a couple parking lots I do I could probably save 10 or 15 minutes using the blade over the blower on a light snow
will have to see when it comes home
now if uncles sam hurries with that refund money haha

OH
did I say I placed an order haha