cub cadet yanmar sc2400

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #21  
I spoke with my dealer this week after he got back from the Yanmar dealers meeting. Some good news...

The other news is that there is now a version of the SC2400 being produced with a beefed up rear frame and a back-hoe option. Too late for me, but there are probably many out there who will want this option.

Thanks for all of the useful information lorus! I just purchased a new home on 3.64 acres of land that has a small creek and is about half wooded. I am looking into Subcompact tractors and it is down to the SC2400 and the Simplicity Legacy xl. I am thinking a back-hoe option would be great for helping cleaning debris out of the creek. Your post here is the only reference I have seen about the SC2400 having a back-hoe option. I do not see anything about this on the CC Yanmar web site. Can anyone confirm this? Also if this is true is there a specific model or year that I need to be looking at for this option? Thanks for any help.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #22  
Here is a photo that my friend at my dealership sent me. I was inquiring about a backhoe for my Sc2400 but decided I didn't need to spend that type of money for basically a toy. (My wife helped with that decision) I'm sorry I don't have much more information about the backhoe, but I didn't really consider it so I didn't ask much about it. Also, I think that you'd be very happy with a Cub Yanmar. In my opinion it is much more of a machine than the Legacy.

Attachments

• PA220002 (2).JPG
    PA220002 (2).JPG
    142 KB · Views: 2,095
   / cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #23  
It would met my needs, any one know if you can still have the Mid mount mower? Any idea on cost?

KC

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #24  
No, I'm pretty certain you cannot have the loader/hoe, and a mower all at once. I think Cub is behind on production schedule on the new package. I like how it looks, and it seems to have a little more clearance under the hoe. That always aggravates me with my machine loading it on my trailer, and dragging the hoe frame/bucket on the ground. I'm waiting to see what the prices are....

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #25  
No, I'm pretty certain you cannot have the loader/hoe, and a mower all at once. I think Cub is behind on production schedule on the new package. I like how it looks, and it seems to have a little more clearance under the hoe. That always aggravates me with my machine loading it on my trailer, and dragging the hoe frame/bucket on the ground. I'm waiting to see what the prices are....

I hope the price is in line with the SC2400 as compaired to the other sub cuts in my area:)

KC

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #26  
Doesn't look like there's a sub-frame that would interfere with a MMM. Maybe they took a page from the Kubota BX series and made the MMM and BH not conflict with each other.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #27  
I was going to buy mine this week talked to my dealer and he isnt sure of the hows the whys and the wherefores yet on it
the district rep was there at first said its not ready then said it might be a beefier frame on the next model to accept the hoe
they couldnt tell me if that hoe will fit the tractors already produced or not
so I am waiting for more info before I lay down the $$
not sure I need a hoe but having operated one years ago alot I know how handy they are

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #28  
I was going to buy mine this week talked to my dealer and he isnt sure of the hows the whys and the wherefores yet on it
the district rep was there at first said its not ready then said it might be a beefier frame on the next model to accept the hoe
they couldnt tell me if that hoe will fit the tractors already produced or not
so I am waiting for more info before I lay down the $$
not sure I need a hoe but having operated one years ago alot I know how handy they are

More info is needed, but it looks cool!

KC

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #29  
the back hoe will not fit onto current sc2400. the rear frame does not have enough in it .

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #30  
I for one am actually relieved that it won't fit my 08' Sc2400, now I won't be tempted. For once I will stay out of trouble with the wife!