cub cadet yanmar sc2400

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #31  
talked to my dealer today
He doesnt yet know all the particulars but the rep told him it will probably be released as a 2450 or something like that as a tbl he thought the mmm would still work
not sure on the price and all the other waid the info is probably going to be available in another week or two

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #32  
I am with you. My wife knew I was trading in the old tractor for the new one, but when she saw the FEL on the new one..... it was not a good scene.

Alan

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #33  
went to the dealer today and word is its going to be a tlb only type thing not sure yet on all of it but I figured the heck with it I have access to an old jd410 if i really want to and need to get it just have to trailer it 30 miles so I said the heck with it signed the paper paid my nickel down and have one on order
soon to have under my post
sc2400,fel,mmm,front mount snowblower,cab-heater,and a box blade
(and a wife constantly saying do you really need to spend that much on it)
got the works for a bit shy of $22,000.
thats $3000. less than orange $3800 less than green and $3750 less than the red machines
pics will follow
sounds like delivery will be next friday
we are a little busy here right now with a blizzard and some record setting floods all on the same day
you should see how easy a d5 slides down a clay dike that has 7 inches of new really wet snow

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #34  
Gordyy;

Whatt?! No front angle blade?? :D Congrats on the purchase, sounds like a very nice package for a very nice price.
Ditto on the wife thing....I just snuck all my toys back into the garage so her truck is parked outside again....till next winter.....
looking forward to some pics. Enjoy!

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #35  
Gordyy;

Whatt?! No front angle blade?? :D Congrats on the purchase, sounds like a very nice package for a very nice price.
Ditto on the wife thing....I just snuck all my toys back into the garage so her truck is parked outside again....till next winter.....
looking forward to some pics. Enjoy!

No the blade just dont cut it without a blower around here heck a blade of grass can cause a snow drift around here
and piles cause higher drifts
and this year most building and properties that push and pile spent more to haul it out than they did to move it off the drive and parking areas
wish I had done it last week **** got another 9 inches last night and today
the lil 1620 is fading fast this year haha

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #36  
Heard from my local dealer that the TLB SC2400 is due out later summer early fall.

KC

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #37  
well I done paid my nickel now I gots to take my chances
it be mine lol
have to go do some sandbagging today and tommorow but hope to have a few pics to post soon

life is good

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #38  
It's an old thread, but I have some recent experience that may be of interest. I've had my SC2400 for about a year now. I got it used and in fairly worn condition. I replaced the fender, seat, knobs and all decals. My three attachments so far are a 48" box blade, the 60" front blade and a Rankin model 200 post hole auger, for which I also fabricated a nice heavy duty lift hook. We have a very hilly 2.5 acres (soon to be 9.5) and the property lines are on some steep slopes, one of which is side hill. I used the tractor to build a perimeter trail and am well along in building a post and rail fence. The combination of the front blade and the box blade makes it into quite the little road building machine.patience and caution is necessary, but it gets the job done even on the steep slopes and side hilling. Some hand shovelling is required because the front blade does not have a side to side tilt control. But, sidehiling in a gully that also slopes up hill is well within this machine's capabilities. My wife occasionaly jokes that I like the tractor more than her - not true, but I do like that machine.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #39  
I bought mine new the first year they came out and I love it. The air cleaner bracket cracked and the dealer gave me a beefier one to replace it with and the seat cracked which the dealer replaced free of charge also. The front tires leaked down so I put slime in them and have not had anymore problems. Otherwise no problems of any kind. Easy to maintenance and dependable as can be. It is the one thing in my garage that I will never sell. I prefer using it over my plow truck to clear the driveway and I live in the snow belt. A blade on the front would work better than the bucket for moving snow but it isn't all that bad, plus with the bucket I can put the snow over the horse pasture fence to get it out of the driveway turn around when it starts getting a little to tight.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #40  
Re: cub cadet yanmar sc2400 - Tiller attachment PTO issue

Question for the SC2400 owners out there - How did you fit the PTO shaft on there from your tiller attachment? I understand it needs to be cut, but with the slip clutch on one side, and the fittings on both sides, that would leave me with about 3, maybe 4 inches of actual shaft. Seems tight. How long are your hitch lift arms? Thinking I may need to get longer lift arms to make it work. Any help would be appreciated!

I've got about 80 hours on mine. As far as I know, it was one of the first ones delivered in Wisconsin. So far I've used it with the FEL, MMM, box blade, rear blade, middle buster, and tiller.

Only problem so far was a failed bracket that holds up the air cleaner assembly. Dealer replaced it with no questions. The assumption is that the original was faulty and probably cracked during stamping. I've also noticed that there is a noticeable amount of flex in the frame when approaching a slope diagonally, especially with the loader weighted down. Dealer says that it's to be expected since the frame is not boxed in, but I'm watching it carefully for sure.

I use the machine daily for cleaning up after two horses, as well as mowing four acres. I also have tilled about 1/4 acre of gardens so far. It was able to till through grass that had been untouched for years with no problems. Being a SCUT, I had to really shorten the tiller's PTO shaft though. It's a bit of a bugger to hook up, but runs like a champ once it's set up right.

The first job I used it for was to spread about 60 ton of crushed asphalt on our 200 yard driveway using a box blade. No problems at all with this. Being a SCUT, I was able to easily adjust the top link from the seat as needed.

I've swapped my rear wheels side-for-side and sit about 4" wider now. That, combined with having the rears filled with Rim Guard, makes for a very stable ride. I also have a 320 pound cement block that I attach to the 3ph when using the FEL for anything heavy.

As far as fuel use, I use about half as much mowing as I did with my old JD 318. That's the only comparison I can really make, but I think it does okay on the fuel use.

The R4 tires (even when in FWD) are not the best for traction, so I've got a set of chains for the rear. Haven't tried them out yet, but I hope they help this winter. The turfs just didn't seem strong enough for FEL work, and the R4s seemed like the best compromise.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any specific questions you have.