cub cadet yanmar sc2400

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #1  

tractorman99

Silver Member
Does any one have a sc2400 if so how do you like it?

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #2  
I've got about 80 hours on mine. As far as I know, it was one of the first ones delivered in Wisconsin. So far I've used it with the FEL, MMM, box blade, rear blade, middle buster, and tiller.

Only problem so far was a failed bracket that holds up the air cleaner assembly. Dealer replaced it with no questions. The assumption is that the original was faulty and probably cracked during stamping. I've also noticed that there is a noticeable amount of flex in the frame when approaching a slope diagonally, especially with the loader weighted down. Dealer says that it's to be expected since the frame is not boxed in, but I'm watching it carefully for sure.

I use the machine daily for cleaning up after two horses, as well as mowing four acres. I also have tilled about 1/4 acre of gardens so far. It was able to till through grass that had been untouched for years with no problems. Being a SCUT, I had to really shorten the tiller's PTO shaft though. It's a bit of a bugger to hook up, but runs like a champ once it's set up right.

The first job I used it for was to spread about 60 ton of crushed asphalt on our 200 yard driveway using a box blade. No problems at all with this. Being a SCUT, I was able to easily adjust the top link from the seat as needed.

I've swapped my rear wheels side-for-side and sit about 4" wider now. That, combined with having the rears filled with Rim Guard, makes for a very stable ride. I also have a 320 pound cement block that I attach to the 3ph when using the FEL for anything heavy.

As far as fuel use, I use about half as much mowing as I did with my old JD 318. That's the only comparison I can really make, but I think it does okay on the fuel use.

The R4 tires (even when in FWD) are not the best for traction, so I've got a set of chains for the rear. Haven't tried them out yet, but I hope they help this winter. The turfs just didn't seem strong enough for FEL work, and the R4s seemed like the best compromise.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any specific questions you have.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #3  
I was hoping that some one would chime in with a review of the cub/yanmar. Every time I goto the cub forum it seems that all they discus are lawn tractors. I have always liked the cubs and now they are being sold about a mile down the road from me. I'm glad to hear your are liking it but where are the PHOTOS?:D

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #4  
I also would like to see more Cub-Yanmar discussion. I have had my EX3200 for about a month and love it. The dealer in Mandan, ND seems to have sold a few of each size available now. I abused mine a little last night moving some down trees and it seems to have held up well.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #5  
i went and looked at all three models this past saturday, of the three i liked the small one (2400) the best. it had a good work platform and looked like a lot of thought went into the design.

i was disappointed with the 29 and 32 models. the salesman said the FEL was NOT a quick disconnect. he they came installed from the factory and that they were not easy to get off.

i was also disappointed with the work platform. it was too crowed and to hard to get on and off. the fit and finish looked very disappointing to me.

i hope they address some of these issues when the next ones come out.

any feed back would help.

thanks

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #6  
I really liked the larger model, but with my knees I'd never be able to get up/down into the seat.

The SC2400 is VERY easy to get on, even with the deck mounted. When my knee hurts enough, I just lower the deck when I stop and then use it as a step.

Like I've said earlier, I use mine daily to take care of two horses and 4 acres. No problems other than the broken brackets on the filters which were replaced under warranty.

I've had the loader off many times, and it really is not difficult to remove at all. Actually, the deck takes me a few minutes longer to remove than the loader. The secret I've found for the deck is to use the loader to lift the front end of the tractor about a foot off the ground. That makes it super easy to slide the deck underneath and the rest is a piece of cake.

I've heard rumor that they are working on a CUT in the 25-hp range. My guess is that it will be similar in size to the old JD 755 with the same engine setup as the SC2400. It's slated for release in the next year or two, so they say.

Sorry, but no pictures yet. Maybe I'll get a few as things wind down in the gardens.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #7  
the fel on the 3200 is a quick disconnect.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #8  
The loader on my EX3200 is definitely a quick disconnect. Literally takes me two minutes to get the loader off. As for the fit and finish on these tractors I believe they rival any other major manufacturer (Yanmar built lots of tractors for the green machines, not only engines). This was the best value for my money, and I did some exhaustive research. I also had a local dealer that is known for their after sale service. For what it's worth.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #9  
We have sold alot of the Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 Sub-Compact and a bunch of the EX3200 Compacts without a single problem yet. Great tractor.
I just got back from the cub cadet dealer meeting and they introduced a larger EX450 compact

4 Cylinder 45hp Yanmar diesel
3 range trans Hi,Med,Low
9 forward x 9 reverse synchronized shuttle
Live PTO
2464 Lbs lift capacity at 24"

CL400 Front End loader
104.3" lift height
lift capacity at bucket pins are 1692 Lbs
lift capacity to 59" @ pivot pins is 1971 Lbs
Breakout force @ bucket pins is 2728 lbs

CB85 BackHoe 8.5
103" digging depth
Bucket cyl digging force is 3730 lbs
dipper stick cyl digging force is 2435 lbs
2550 PSI

All specs are subject to change

Emerich Sales & Service inc.

/ cub cadet yanmar sc2400 #10  
So what does the EX 450 list for? How about tractor + BH?

Dealer only had the three smaller models when I was tractor hunting. Understand he sold out of them pretty quickly.

I eventually found another brand that had pretty much every thing I was looking for. Though I didn't get a Cub Cadet at the time, they were some nice tractors for sure!!

3B