Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200 #1  

hankross

Narrowed my decision to either the Ex2900 or Ex3200. Specs look virtually identical and I'm going to invest in the backhoe so I'm leaning towards the Ex3200. Any issues on either model?

Seems like they're selling but not many reviews/comments from end users. (Maybe they're all out on their new tractors :)).

I was quoted $15,900 for the Ex2900 and $7300 (OUCH!) for the backhoe (Total $23,200) or $24,900 for the Ex3200 TLB. Thought I read somewhere on-line that some folks had purchased the Ex3200 TLB in the $21-22K range - If so, where located because I've got tractor fever!

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200 #2  
Narrowed my decision to either the Ex2900 or Ex3200. Specs look virtually identical and I'm going to invest in the backhoe so I'm leaning towards the Ex3200. Any issues on either model?

Seems like they're selling but not many reviews/comments from end users. (Maybe they're all out on their new tractors :)).

I was quoted $15,900 for the Ex2900 and $7300 (OUCH!) for the backhoe (Total $23,200) or $24,900 for the Ex3200 TLB. Thought I read somewhere on-line that some folks had purchased the Ex3200 TLB in the $21-22K range - If so, where located because I've got tractor fever!

THey are new to cub but the EX3200 tractor loader was going for 15500 just north of me. I did not ask about the backhoe option.

KC

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200 #3  
Should be able to do better than that. I can get a 3200 TLB out the door for
$22K. Or, a 2400 with loader for $11,700. Not much discount on the 2900's for whatever reason....?
BUT, it's thru a buddy of mine that's a dealer...(very expensive friend) and out of state...and I've already bought "several" tractors from him. I'm headed there this weekend to pick up some more toys, I can bring one back for you if you're in MI!! (haha)
Keep looking, and beat up the dealers....they're still making money, maybe not as much....but current economic times are tough.
I've got 3 older Cub Compacts and love em...but have heard nearly all good comments on the new line.
Good luck!

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200 #4  
Have had my EX3200 since August. Love it. I've pushed down or uprooted about 50 Siberian eml trees, made some big piles. I even bent the step on to the deck (new one on order). Certainly has not been babied. The tractor was $16,900 with a $400 fuel card (so $16,500). I got the rough cut mower also for $1500. It is a heavy built beast. So I guess I've been happy with it. ATI makes a bob-tach adapter for it, as does skid steer solutions out of Minnesota (about $700). Very enjoyable machine.

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200 #5  
Should be able to do better than that. I can get a 3200 TLB out the door for
$22K. Or, a 2400 with loader for $11,700. Not much discount on the 2900's for whatever reason....?
BUT, it's thru a buddy of mine that's a dealer...(very expensive friend) and out of state...and I've already bought "several" tractors from him. I'm headed there this weekend to pick up some more toys, I can bring one back for you if you're in MI!! (haha)
Keep looking, and beat up the dealers....they're still making money, maybe not as much....but current economic times are tough.
I've got 3 older Cub Compacts and love em...but have heard nearly all good comments on the new line.
Good luck!

My local dealer did not have a 2900 either and told me it was only about 500 less.

KC

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200
Thanks for your comments. I have an 80 acre piece of property (15 cleared, 65 wooded) in northern Mississippi where the tractor will spend most of its time.

Update - checked another dealer today and these numbers look better to me:
Ex3200 with loader $15,800
Ex2900 with loader $14,600
CB75 Backhoe $6,000

Getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Ex3200 TLB for $21,800. Thoughts/comments?

Anyone have recommendations for a top to keep sun/rain off me? Does the material - aluminum or fiberglass - make much of a difference?

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200 #7  
I got the following quote from tractorcanopies.com back in June:

We do have the canopy for a EX3200. You can get the canopy in a Insulated Cub Cadet yellow steel, or Insulated Black Steel or Insulated Aluminum Diamond Tread Plate.
Cost:
$ 331.00 canopy with hardware
$ 020.00 shipping if shipped to any commercial address.

The freight company will charge $ 50.00 if shipped to a residential or farm address.​

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200 #8  
I've seen some sunshades on Ebay, don't know anything about them though.

Hey EX3200 - just curious where you bought in WA? Is there a good CC dealer around you? I bought my first cub from a dealer in Port Townsend 13 years ago and been hooked ever since. I have some land in Port Angeles that I plan on returning to in a few years, the only Cub dealer that way is priced pretty high.

I've traveled around the world and that's the best place I've seen so far!

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200 #9  
The Cub Cadet Yanmar EX3200 is worth the extra $. Pricing will depend on when the dealer got the tractor shipped in. There was a large price increase on anything that was shipped to the dealers after Sept 15th 2008.
We have sold a bunch of these and have not had one single problem. Great Tractors!
Kevin

/ Cub Cadet/Yanmar Ex2900 or Ex3200 #10  
Hank since you didn't buy the backhoe yet please indulge me.

Save your money and buy other implements like a brush hog, roto tiller, box scraper, rear finish mower etc. We've had a Kubota since '92 on our 30 acre and I more or less was talked out of a BH by dealer folks who knew me well.

All you can do is putter around with it and waste your time if your retired that's fine. Working people find it more efficient to rent a small tracked back hoe from the local rental store and work it to death over the weekend. You can ado that half a dz times for what it cost for a dealer BH.

Guys are always breaking parts on 'em cause they don't know the equipments limitations and pull on stumps etc.

10 years ago I put in a 1000ft swale hole 50"wide to drain our swamp...took me 3 years just to cut the trees for a right of way. Rented a tracked BH and good operator for less than 500 that dug/buried about 300 stumps.

this year we put in a 600' swalehole 50' wide, hundreds of stumps dug and buried...the guy did it in a morning for the same price.

Wheeled BH's like Kubota's are for site and city work...for unimproved land a tracked BH is required...save your dough and get other implements that will improve your families lifestyle. Compact tractor BH's are for retired folks that like to putter...farmers are the exception.

edit to add...

... I was just looking at the Yanmar models today that's why I'm adding my 2 cents.