Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900

/ Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900 #1  

firefighter5145

Folks,
I am in quite a dilemma. I am buying a tractor within the next few days and I am torn between the Kubota and the Cub Cadet. They are priced exactly the same ($15,200 and include the FEL). THey have similiar characterisitcs in engine power, hydraulics, and lift capacity. However, I do not know much about the Cub Cadet/Yanmar brand nor can I find many people who own them. Please give you input with performance, problems, reliability, parts, and overall satisfaction with either of the two. One problem I have had is that I have superb credit but Kubota Credit does want money down (crock of crap according to me and the dealer). I am a little angry seeing that I have loans with Kubota and I have paid them ahead of time. This is also made me lean towards a Cub for that simple fact.

/ Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900 #2  
I can't give first hand experience on the Cadet, but if it has a Yanmar engine it should be good from that aspect. My first tractor was a Yanmar and it was terrific. I now have a B7800 and it is a marvelous tractor. I bought it new and and now has 800 hours. It has been flawless in all seasons. In the summer it has a 60" MMM and I use the FEL and rear blade quite a bit. In the winter it moves lots of snow with the FEL and a rear mount 60" snow blower.

Good Luck.

/ Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900 #3  
I bought my B7800 new also. 190 hrs and its been great! Plenty of Kubota
dealers around me also. Can't go wrong with kubota:D

/ Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900 #4  
I looked at the Cub/Yanmar stuff a few month ago when tractor shopping. It seems like nice stuff but the product line is obviously not as mature and established as the Kubota's. With me it came down to dealers. The Cub dealer didn't listen at all to my needs and simply tried to sell me the smaller SC2400. I looked at the 2900 but he was too busy trying to sell me the 2400. He couldn't give me a price and said he would have to work it up and call me back. He never did. The following weekend the Kubota dealer invited me out to see the B series even though they were closed on the weekends. He spent about an hour and a half going over the B's and letting me drive them around. He gave me a fair price and made it a point to go over the fees and options for financing so there were no surprises. I had a 7800 in my driveway a few days later! I'm very happy with the tractor and the peace of mind that it is backed by a good dealership. If you feel the 2900 is a better machine for your needs buy it, but I think it would be a mistake to buy it just to spite Kubota financing.

/ Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900 #5  
I looked at an EX3200 CC/Yanmar....and strongly considered buying one. Had a good price and all the right stuff for my needs....but bought a used tractor instead.

I like what they have for a tractor here (CC/Yanmar)....seems like all the right stuff..... but you can now get much the same tractor in a John Deere via the new 3032e. I think I would go that direction now that Deere has a tractor in that same price range with similar features (hydro etc). It's hard to know if the CC/Yanmar deal is gonna work for 'em in the long run....and the green paint is always serviceable and has parts available...... and in demand at trade in time.

I think the CC/yanmar EX3200 and the JD 3032e are very comparable tractors. The EX2900 has a few less HP...but similar too.

/ Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900 #6  
I looked at an EX3200 CC/Yanmar....and strongly considered buying one. Had a good price and all the right stuff for my needs....but bought a used tractor instead.

I like what they have for a tractor here (CC/Yanmar)....seems like all the right stuff..... but you can now get much the same tractor in a John Deere via the new 3032e. I think I would go that direction now that Deere has a tractor in that same price range with similar features (hydro etc). It's hard to know if the CC/Yanmar deal is gonna work for 'em in the long run....and the green paint is always serviceable and has parts available...... and in demand at trade in time.

I think the CC/yanmar EX3200 and the JD 3032e are very comparable tractors. The EX2900 has a few less HP...but similar too.

The 2900 is built by Yanmar, the company that put jd on the map with quality compacts. The proof is still out on jd's new product line. It might just be built for the stock market. See where that is today?

/ Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900 #7  
I know the B7800 is an excellent tractor and have no reason to believe that any Yanmar built machine is any less excellent. I haven't seen the new CC and am a little surprised that it hasn't been built to exceed the 5 or 6 year old B7800 in some way. However what really surprises me is that you got quotes that were about equal. I'd imagine that with CC just reintroducing diesel tractors in to their lineup that they would be discounting compared to the established lines like Kubota and Deere.

If it were my choice I'd see if you could get a better deal on the Yanmar but otherwise I'd take the Kubota to benefit from the much larger dealer network and presumably better resale too.

/ Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900
Well, I finally broke down and bought a brand new B7800 with FEL, quick attach bucket and purchased a 5' King Cutter Box Blade from Tractor Supply. The cost of the tractor was $14900 w/ $1500 down and 0% for 48 months. THe Box Blade was $500. The tractor runs excelent and is more than powerful enough for the loader work I have recently started doing and pulls the box scraper with no problem. I will post some pics soon!

/ Kubota B7800 or Cub Cadet EX2900 #9  
I had a Cub EX3200 for about 8 months, I simply out grew it having recently purchased a 50 acre woodlot. It was a good little tractor in my opinion. Now I have a Kubota MX5100 and it is a completely different level of tractor. I would suggest running both of them, the EX3200 had a cramped operator station and the brake was in an akward position. Also if you are considering ag tires there is VERY LITTLE clearance for chains (one of my musts in Northern NY). When I bought my EX3200 it was about 500 more than the EX2900.