Sc2400 Front Weight Bracket...

/ Sc2400 Front Weight Bracket... #1  

Hozen

Bronze Member
So, awhile ago, I asked about the front weight bracket on another forum and also asked my local dealer and regional sales rep... No one seemed to know anything about it. So, I thought I'd share what I found out.

For those who might want to add weight to the from of their Sc2400, a weight bracket is available from Cub Cadet. It holds 5 (not 3 and not 4 like others told me) weights for a total of around 210 lbs (5 x 42lbs).

Now, for the fun part... This weight bracket DOES NOT work if you have a FEL. The curl cylinder will hit it and there is no way you can have both the bracket and the front end loader on at the same time. To me, this seems like a big design flaw.

I know others will say, "you don't need weight if you have the FEL". And, yeah, that's correct... but, there are times when the extra length of the bucket is a pain and just having the weight would be nice. For example, I wanted to bush hog around my property and I pretty much live in a woods. With all the trees, navigating with the FEL is a real pain. But, having the weight to counter balance the bush hog would be nice.

So, moral of the story is... Weight bracket and FEL are not compatable and the bracket holds 5 weights.

I called my guy last night and am in the process of trying to get my money back for the bracket and 4 weights he got for me. I'm sure that'll probably be like pissin in the wind, but it's worth a try.

/ Sc2400 Front Weight Bracket... #2  
He should have given you the bracket it comes with the tractor when shiped!

/ Sc2400 Front Weight Bracket...
He should have given you the bracket it comes with the tractor when shiped!

I think you are mistaken. Everyone seems to think the frame is the weight bracket... it isn't. There is a weight bracket that bolts to the front of the frame. It is an accessory. Look on the website. It's the "WB10 Front Weight Bracket" attachment.

/ Sc2400 Front Weight Bracket... #4  
I think you are mistaken. Everyone seems to think the frame is the weight bracket... it isn't. There is a weight bracket that bolts to the front of the frame. It is an accessory. Look on the website. It's the "WB10 Front Weight Bracket" attachment.

You "should not" need a weight bracket "with weights" and a FEL!:rolleyes:

Didn't your dealer tell you this ? :confused:

Do you have any pictures with the weight bracket on the tractor ?

If you think you need that much weight on front.- Then load your front tires.

/ Sc2400 Front Weight Bracket...
Low Bucket, no... I don't want to have the weights on AND the FEL at the same time. I want to be able to have the weight BRACKET and the FEL on at the same time. Trust me, the FEL is enough front weight. However, if I didn't want the extra length (as stated in my original post) and just wanted the weight, I could take off the FEL and throw the weights on the bracket. However, the way it's designed, the FEL and the weight bracket can't co-exist on the tractor at the same time.

I've kinda given up on this weight bracket working right. I called the guy I got it from and it seems I can get my money back so I'll probably go that route. Not sure if I'll keep the weights and built my own bracket for the front.

/ Sc2400 Front Weight Bracket... #6  
Low Bucket, no... I don't want to have the weights on AND the FEL at the same time. I want to be able to have the weight BRACKET and the FEL on at the same time. Trust me, the FEL is enough front weight. However, if I didn't want the extra length (as stated in my original post) and just wanted the weight, I could take off the FEL and throw the weights on the bracket. However, the way it's designed, the FEL and the weight bracket can't co-exist on the tractor at the same time.

I've kinda given up on this weight bracket working right. I called the guy I got it from and it seems I can get my money back so I'll probably go that route. Not sure if I'll keep the weights and built my own bracket for the front.

I understand what your saying now.- If it doesn't work right I would send it back also.

You could build something to hold the weights.- It would be easy.