Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    IH Cub

Default Re: sc2400 SB45 BLower problems

Quote Originally Posted by gordyy View Post
    well it snowed more than 2 inches again
    this time I was blowing a drift the cut is about 14 inches deep and the housing held up
    but The gear reduction worm gear in the front had the center fall out dropping the gear through the bottom of the housing.

and the fine folks at MTD tell me I am abusing it by blowing drifted snow its not made for that
    And the drift cutters on the blower are for slicing bologna?

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//CAT 312B//Komatsu D38

Quote Originally Posted by oldcub View Post
    Excellent point....run that one by Cub!

Tractor
    cub cadet yanmar sc2400 Kubota F2560

Quote Originally Posted by oldcub View Post
    NO they fold over the first time they hit snow no worries about them bringing hard snow down
    LOL

But **** is this thing a snow machine now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dcp_1759-jpg   -dcp_1754-jpg  
    SC2400 Yanmar CubCadet 60" mmm Fel box blade
    front mount snowblower 42"tiller Cab with heat lights etc. what a TOY!! New SB52 blower
    F2560 Kubota 72" mower cab snowblower

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1978 ford 3600, 1964 ford 4000 rowcrop

Quote Originally Posted by gordyy View Post
    here are a couple pics of it
    talk about your urban snow unit
    can you use that thing in reverse without having to hold the reverse safety button in, i think some won't let you reverse with the pto running without cutting the pto off, or is that for the mid pto?

Tractor

there is a switch right by the PTO button that locks out the reverse switch allowing the blower or whatever is running on either PTO to continue running in either direction
    front mount snowblower 42"tiller Cab with heat lights etc. what a TOY!! New SB52 blower

OK, I've been looking at the JD X729, Kubota 2660 and CCY SC2400 for about four months now. I finally decided to go with the SC2400 and was within a couple of day from buying. I still feel strongly that it's a good choice but I've gotten a little spooked by the chatter about the snowblower attachment. Has anyone officially heard that CCY is going to beef the unit up or is it just high hopes that they will?

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//CAT 312B//Komatsu D38

Quote Originally Posted by ssscss View Post
    OK, I've been looking at the JD X729, Kubota 2660 and CCY SC2400 for about four months now. I finally decided to go with the SC2400 and was within a couple of day from buying. I still feel strongly that it's a good choice but I've gotten a little spooked by the chatter about the snowblower attachment. Has anyone officially heard that CCY is going to beef the unit up or is it just high hopes that they will?
    Yes, CCY has a bulletin out to fix the blower issues. If you buy a new one the service should be done. I'm very impressed with the 2400 I'm selling, almost to the point of selling one of my Cubs to keep it!

Thank you for the response. I will discuss the issue with my dealer and hopefully be a happy owner in the not to distant furure. Thanks again!

Tractor

just talked to my dealer again
    it looks like they are going to buy back my blower as I am likeing that rear blower loader combo too much.
    He is going to get all the paper work done and then I have to decide________ take the $$$ or take it in more attachments???? LOL

Tractor
    2010 Cub Cadet SC2450

Hey guys...I seem to be missing something here. I purchased and took ownership of a C/C Cs2450 in November. I don't recall having any issues with the blower other than the fact that if the auger is turning, one cannot have the blower raised too high for all the chain chatter. Is there something that I might have missed that you are discussing regarding the 45" blower?

By the way...how many of you folks have the vinyl rear window? I had an issue with that with my salesperson. Told him that for all the money that I paid for this unit...I can NOT see out the back window! The first bad snow storm we had, my neck was sore the next morning from bending over trying to look out back.

I ordered up the solid rear window thinking that would resolve the problem...HA! The "only" difference was that this one was all metal and glass. I had a canvas feloow in the Fox Valley area make me up a back window using the original vinyl, but expanding the rear window. cost me $285.00 which I'm still trying to re-coup from Cub. Unfortunately, I'm sure they will not.

The only other issue I have with the unit is the fuel fill. I have a heater and ya know, it hangs directly above the fuel fill. So I had to hang a short wire off the heater and then I have a long flex nozzle funnel with a small hole in the funnel for the wire. So it hangs while I fill the tank. Would be nice if they had a threaded extension for the fill nozzle. Would solve all the problems.

Would like to read back about any other issues. Overall, outside the back window issue, which is resolved, BUT which shouldn't have been implemented in the first place unless one is 3'4" tall; and the fuel filler...I'm darn happy with my Sc2450.

Jerry

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast