sc2400 SB45 BLower problems

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #51  
Just called my local dealer:
SB52 - $3957
SB45 - $2785

He'll have one in this week so I'll probably stop by to take a look.

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #52  
The SB45 came from the garden tractor and walk behind units. This new one is totally built for more!!!!

It is built like the big ones on other compact tractors and is well worth the price difference. I'd think that if anything it might be a little big on width for a heavy snow area but great for daily clean ups. On the larger series it might be a little narrow on curves but still able to structually handle the extra weight and drive of the larger tractors.

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #53  
I talked to the factory rep. at the MN State Fair last summer and they said the old one is generally fine for home owners or going down your driveway. Guys are using it for commercial use and it wasn't designed for it. They said it's heavy enough to go on the 29, 31 & 32.

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #54  
Just called my local dealer:
SB52 - $3957
SB45 - $2785

He'll have one in this week so I'll probably stop by to take a look.

I'm assuming that's the complete setup.....blower, hitch, and PTO kit?

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #55  
I'm assuming that's the complete setup.....blower, hitch, and PTO kit?

Yes, everything but the hyd. rotation. That is another $250ish. He noted that it was half the cost of the SB45 kit which is interesting.

I looked at it yesterday. Very nice. The blower is the same thing as you would expect with most 3-points. It was still in the crate so it was difficult to see but everything looked strong and well made.

The subframe is better also. It is a 2 piece unit where the SB45 is a single piece and bolts on. New one has a small quick attach like part that bolts to the front of the frame. Then the linkage and cylinder portion attaches to it with large hooks and pins. It was still in the box and unassembled so we had to figure it out from the instructions. I specifically asked if the loader could be mounted without removing the portion that bolts on; he made a phone call and yes it can. You cannot do that with the SB45. It also appears that the grill guard can remain mounted but I'm not positive of that.

We made a deal and I am picking it up Friday. Like the tractor, he gave me a great price I couldn't refuse.

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #56  
Yes, everything but the hyd. rotation. That is another $250ish. He noted that it was half the cost of the SB45 kit which is interesting.

I looked at it yesterday. Very nice. The blower is the same thing as you would expect with most 3-points. It was still in the crate so it was difficult to see but everything looked strong and well made.

The subframe is better also. It is a 2 piece unit where the SB45 is a single piece and bolts on. New one has a small quick attach like part that bolts to the front of the frame. Then the linkage and cylinder portion attaches to it with large hooks and pins. It was still in the box and unassembled so we had to figure it out from the instructions. I specifically asked if the loader could be mounted without removing the portion that bolts on; he made a phone call and yes it can. You cannot do that with the SB45. It also appears that the grill guard can remain mounted but I'm not positive of that.

We made a deal and I am picking it up Friday. Like the tractor, he gave me a great price I couldn't refuse.

Good deal! Looking forward to some pics......

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #57  
Better quality scans here...
Picasa Web Albums - D P - SC2450

001.jpg

002.jpg

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #58  
Do we have an operating Ameriquip SB52 snowblower out there somewhere? How does it work? I'm really close to getting an SC2400 and want to know how the new blower works and how easy it is to attach. Any help is appreciated!
Bruce

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems
Just picked mine up and put it on last weekend have about 15 hrs on it

a FAntastic piece of equipment

makes the SB-45 look like a kiddy toy

a lot heavier and a lot stronger

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #60  
Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster!

I picked up my SB52 the last week in October but I didn稚 have a chance to put it on until this past weekend. I love my sc2400, my loader and my MMM so I knew the SB52 would be great. I ran into a few snags when installing... the first thing was one of the hoses on the hitch came busted off in the cylinder. The second was the small shaft on the hitch (to connect the blower to the mid PTO shaft) was out of tolerance. I tried and tried to fix it but finally I just bought the two pieces back to the dealer. Lucky for me had had both right in the shop and switched them out. Now it痴 installed and ready for snow!!! I love the fact that in about 5 minutes you can have the blower off and the loader on!!

I also opted for the hydraulic rotation kit, it was 420.00 after tax but it is well worth it!!

Something that had me a bit ticked off is that for $4400 you have to buy the drift cutting bars and cute deflector as extras?!?! (4400 includes NY tax and the hydraulic rotation kit) I just cut 26" pieces of 1/4"x 2" flat stock and added them as my drift cutters!!

All in All :thumbsup:

Cork