sc2400 SB45 BLower problems

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #61  
Just picked mine up and put it on last weekend have about 15 hrs on it

a FAntastic piece of equipment

makes the SB-45 look like a kiddy toy

a lot heavier and a lot stronger

Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster!

I picked up my SB52 the last week in October but I didn稚 have a chance to put it on until this past weekend. I love my sc2400, my loader and my MMM so I knew the SB52 would be great. I ran into a few snags when installing... the first thing was one of the hoses on the hitch came busted off in the cylinder. The second was the small shaft on the hitch (to connect the blower to the mid PTO shaft) was out of tolerance. I tried and tried to fix it but finally I just bought the two pieces back to the dealer. Lucky for me had had both right in the shop and switched them out. Now it痴 installed and ready for snow!!! I love the fact that in about 5 minutes you can have the blower off and the loader on!!

I also opted for the hydraulic rotation kit, it was 420.00 after tax but it is well worth it!!

Something that had me a bit ticked off is that for $4400 you have to buy the drift cutting bars and cute deflector as extras?!?! (4400 includes NY tax and the hydraulic rotation kit) I just cut 26" pieces of 1/4"x 2" flat stock and added them as my drift cutters!!

All in All :thumbsup:

Cork

What....no pics from either of you guyz??!!!

Cork - :welcome:

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems
pics will follow when possible picked it up and have had 4 snow episodes (or how ever its spelled)
have about 40 hours on it so far replaced 2 sheer bolts (bricks will do that)

I actually need a break LOL

Cork you have that right on the drift bars kind of a joke

It is one put together unit AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FIRST PLACE

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #63  
Well this is the thing, I was working on pics Saturday..... When I noticed a trail of hydraulic fluid following me around my garage!! After some investigating I found a leak in the left side of the steering cylinder. I called my guy and he has a new one on order, it just put a damper on my day, so no pics. Im also upset because we are currently getting snow. I dont have any of that cub cadet tras/hydrolic fluid. And its leaking pretty good, so I cant run it!!?! (only 25 hrs on it) I know there are a million forums on the fluid debate but had anyone found anything that will work that's not the cub cadet stuff? (I work 2nd shift and my cub dealer is far away, I don't have anything against the cub stuff I just need something to get me going for now) Any help would be great!

Thanks

Cork

Last edited:
   / sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #64  
Hey Cork sorry to hear that you tractor is down, What Cub Cadet dealer are you using?
Did you know there is a Cub Cadet dealer on Route 20, Turnpike Power Equipment. That is the closest Cub Cadet near us, I live in Guilderland.
Hope you get it fixed soon.

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #65  
Yeah thats "my guy" LOL hes about 30 minutes from my house, i live in west berne almost in schoharie. since i work 2nd shift its hard to get down there durring the week sometimes but i talked to him today and hes gonna come to the house and fix my tractor! he has been good to deal with and no BS.

as far as the fluid, i was just looking at something i could get either at tractor supply or wally world since they are closer (and wally world is 24hr)... I think im gonna wind up going to see Reed in the morning to get the fluid.

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #66  
That's great that he is coming to fix the tractor.
I have not heard of a off brand that is the same as the Cub fluid.
I am on Becker Road, the road just past the Altamont Apple Orchard, So Turnpike Power is less than a 5 min. drive.
Let us know how you make out with the repair and what happened so others can keep any eye out on there tractors.

There are two Cub dealers that my be closer to you or maybe on your way home from work:

GREENE COUNTY POWER EQUIP.
10756 ROUTE 32
GREENVILLE NY 12083
Phone: (518) 966-4002

COBLESKILL POWER PRODUCTS, LLC
2395 STATE ROUTE 7
COBLESKILL NY 12043
Phone: (518) 234-8300

Tractor supply here in the midwest carries the synthetic blend cc hydro fluid same stuff my dealer sold to me

I am also in the 100 miles from a dealer catagory

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #68  
Well the tractor is all fixed!! He had to come up two days, a Friday and Saturday, he took it apart Friday night and came up Saturday morning and put it together, all he replaced was the front steering cylinder. Only about an hour between the two days. I am happy... it's all set to go. As far as the Trans/hydraulic fluid, he gave me a gallon under warrantee. We topped of the tractor after running the new cylinder and I have more than 3/4 of a gallon left. When he bought it up to the house it was in an old windshield washer fluid container. (He keeps 55 gallon drums at the shop). But it's pink like regular Trans fluid. The all purpose stuff at tractor supply is clear? I'm glad I just stuck with the dealer's fluid... Now all I need is some snow so I can run my blower!!!

Thanks for all of you input guys!!!

picks soon to come!

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #69  
Well the tractor is all fixed!! He had to come up two days, a Friday and Saturday, he took it apart Friday night and came up Saturday morning and put it together, all he replaced was the front steering cylinder. Only about an hour between the two days. I am happy... it's all set to go. As far as the Trans/hydraulic fluid, he gave me a gallon under warrantee. We topped of the tractor after running the new cylinder and I have more than 3/4 of a gallon left. When he bought it up to the house it was in an old windshield washer fluid container. (He keeps 55 gallon drums at the shop). But it's pink like regular Trans fluid. The all purpose stuff at tractor supply is clear? I'm glad I just stuck with the dealer's fluid... Now all I need is some snow so I can run my blower!!!

Thanks for all of you input guys!!!

picks soon to come!

Sounds like a great dealer.....glad to hear you're up and running! :thumbsup:

Just picked mine up and put it on last weekend have about 15 hrs on it

a FAntastic piece of equipment

makes the SB-45 look like a kiddy toy

a lot heavier and a lot stronger

Got a call from my dealer on friday the district manager came in and they are wanting me to give them $1385.00 for the difference, which I thought is a bit steep for something that I was told was built heavy enough for commercial work when I bought it.
My dealer says his hands are tied but I am just thinking thats a bit steep!
I know this is a lot better attachment then the sb45 afterall that was in the shop 6 times and only had 20 hours on it.
My SB54 has about 195 hrs on it this winter only problem a couple of sheer bolts and had to do some serious metal massaging when I found a piece of curb that the Road Grader managed to break off and leave in a driveway.
That and the roller that hold the chute on have worn away twice but they are now making metal ones instead of plastic and those are working out fine
I just pop em out and slide a lil grease in em when I grease the rest of the blower.
I think they arrived at their pricing by taking list prices for all the parts of it and subtracting. I am thinking that is a bit out of line after all if they are using list prices there is markup at all levels on the price. And the way I look at it nobody should make a dime on this other than the manufacture of the new unit.
I am going in to talk to the dealer sometime this week and try to reach an understanding, will update when I know anymore.
Any one else on here get theirs replaced? and if so how much did you pay if any?