sc2400 SB45 BLower problems

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #71  
Got a call from my dealer on friday the district manager came in and they are wanting me to give them $1385.00 for the difference, which I thought is a bit steep for something that I was told was built heavy enough for commercial work when I bought it.
My dealer says his hands are tied but I am just thinking thats a bit steep!
I know this is a lot better attachment then the sb45 afterall that was in the shop 6 times and only had 20 hours on it.
My SB54 has about 195 hrs on it this winter only problem a couple of sheer bolts and had to do some serious metal massaging when I found a piece of curb that the Road Grader managed to break off and leave in a driveway.
That and the roller that hold the chute on have worn away twice but they are now making metal ones instead of plastic and those are working out fine
I just pop em out and slide a lil grease in em when I grease the rest of the blower.
I think they arrived at their pricing by taking list prices for all the parts of it and subtracting. I am thinking that is a bit out of line after all if they are using list prices there is markup at all levels on the price. And the way I look at it nobody should make a dime on this other than the manufacture of the new unit.
I am going in to talk to the dealer sometime this week and try to reach an understanding, will update when I know anymore.
Any one else on here get theirs replaced? and if so how much did you pay if any?

What was the financial arrangement when you switched blowers?
They're always negotiable....particularly if you plead your case as stated above.
Good luck!

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems
there really wasn't one made we talked and agreed it would be some I told them then I thought even up to $500.00 but I about lost it at $1300.

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #73  
Gorddy,

How did they come up with $1300?

Is it the difference in list price between the two models?

I would think the difference between OEM's actual price would be fair, therefore nobody would be making any additional profit from the sale. It might be very difficult to get these values from the OEM, so maybe dealer invoice can be used as a check to see if what they quote is realistic.

I had sticker shock when I went to put a front mounted snow blower on my Kubota. They quoted over $7,000! It is definitely commercial grade and the minimum steel thickness is 0.25".

Good luck.

still havent settled I talked to dealer and was willing to cut a check for a bit over $500. till I found out cubcadet yanmar was not discounting anything I told him I will give him some but I want at least to talk to the cubcadet yanmar people about it at the very least an I am sorry we screwed up is not the most to ask from them they even charged incoming frt to him on the deal talk about something screwed up

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #75  
Hi Everyone,
I realize this is an older thread, but the dealer just brought my yanmar sc2400 back today with the new snow blower on it. Much to my surprise, it is the sb45, and not the sb52. As has been stated here, the sb45 has a drive shaft, and what I would call a pretty beefy frame, but the blower itself seems like the front of a walk behind model. My first thought is that it may get all bent up just simply using it. I won't be using it hard, but will be using it for several driveways. Have they made any improvements in the sb45 since this thread came out? Now that I have the frame and the power rotation kit, can I just exchange the sb45 for the sb52, or do they take different frames? And different rotation kits?

Thanks for any help you could offer.

Also, I realize it is "buyer beware", but the Webpage doesn't even list the sb 48 anymore, so I "assumed" the blower was the better sb 52.

Thanks again...

Last edited:
   / sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #76  
Hi Everyone,
I realize this is an older thread, but the dealer just brought my yanmar sc2400 back today with the new snow blower on it. Much to my surprise, it is the sb45, and not the sb52. As has been stated here, the sb45 has a drive shaft, and what I would call a pretty beefy frame, but the blower itself seems like the front of a walk behind model. My first thought is that it may get all bent up just simply using it. I won't be using it hard, but will be using it for several driveways. Have they made any improvements in the sb45 since this thread came out? Now that I have the frame and the power rotation kit, can I just exchange the sb45 for the sb52, or do they take different frames? And different rotation kits?

Thanks for any help you could offer.

Also, I realize it is "buyer beware", but the Webpage doesn't even list the sb 48 anymore, so I "assumed" the blower was the better sb 52.

Thanks again...

Yes, there are reports about the 45 getting bent easily. I doubt the 45 is any different since new. Now that Cub Cadet is no longer making the sc2400, it sounds like you got old stock??? My guess is that the frame is the same, and that's just a guess. I also would guess that the rotation kit is different. Good luck.

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #77  
Must be an Old SB45 because we have been selling the SB52 since Aug 2010. Take the SB45 and Upgrade to the SB52!!! It's 5 times the Blower !!! The SC2400 with the SB52 is a Great Machine !!

Must be an Old SB45 because we have been selling the SB52 since Aug 2010. Take the SB45 and Upgrade to the SB52!!! It's 5 times the Blower !!! The SC2400 with the SB52 is a Great Machine !!

It is a great machine with the sb52 I would load it up and speed to the dealer to get that switched out
the sb45 is in fact the same basic blower that is the mtd 45" walk behind. parts are identical till you get to the mounting brackets, they handle a garden tractor or a 16 hp gas engine but the torque put out by the diesel will eat it alive. Not to mention the fact that a near 2000 lb 4 wheel drive tractor develops just a bit more push on the cutting edge as a one wheel wonder garden tractor

get it replaced as fast as possible

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #79  
I'm seeing posts for a SB54 and SB52, did they change the snowblower? I'm moving up to a SX3100 and am considering the options. Also thinking of a 3pt in order to save some cash.

/ sc2400 SB45 BLower problems #80