Sc2400 Valve Question

/ Sc2400 Valve Question #1  

Hozen

Bronze Member
Anyone here familiar with the hydraulics on an Sc2400? I want to find out if my valve has a port for power beyond or how I might be able to add rear remotes controlled independantly of the FEL.

/ Sc2400 Valve Question #2  
I would assume it would be similar if not the same as this
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/149609-2305-power-beyond-kit-install.html2305-power-beyond-kit-install.html

There a picture I posted of the loader valve here, which I think is what would be used.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/151125-third-function-2320-hydraulics-2.html#post1754177

I've been thinking of going with the WR Long kit as I think it's around $600 bucks. That's what it was the last time I checked it out anyway back in November. I figured that would be the easiest way to go.

/ Sc2400 Valve Question #3  
Your machine is very similar to the Yanmar built JD's like gt just referenced. I belive you will need a Power Beyond kit for your machine-then you can plumb in a new valve.

/ Sc2400 Valve Question
Looking at those pictures of the power beyond for the 2305, it doesn't really look the same... My wifes uncle has a 2305. Maybe I could look at his to compare. The JD 2305 isn't really the same as the Sc2400. Its not like the JD 790 and the 3200's where they are pretty much the same tractor. I'll have to take a closer look at my valve and see if I can try and guess at whats what.

/ Sc2400 Valve Question #5  
You can locate a parts manual for the Sc2400 here.

PDF Manual Web Archive

Hopefully it allows you to enter in your model number and serial number and not direct you somewhere else. The manual is about 31 megs in size.
A picture of the loader valve and part info is on pg 138. Quickly glancing through it, I didn't notice a full schematic of the hydraulics but I could have missed it.

/ Sc2400 Valve Question #6  
Looking through the manual, it looks like the valves are covered from pages 128-138. Attached are some pictures. Figure 73, img 90 is the 3pt lever/valve

Attachments

• parts manual_img_86.jpg
    parts manual_img_86.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 250
  • parts manual_img_87.jpg
    parts manual_img_87.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 168
  • parts manual_img_88.jpg
    parts manual_img_88.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 423
  • parts manual_img_89.jpg
    parts manual_img_89.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 347
  • parts manual_img_90.jpg
    parts manual_img_90.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 293
  • parts manual_img_91.jpg
    parts manual_img_91.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 248
   / Sc2400 Valve Question
I took a look at mine tonight... Maybe someone can shed some light on what I'm looking at. So, I see the 3pt valve with the speed control knob and three lines going from it to the SCV for the loader. I see the lines from the SVC going to the quick connects under the tractor for the loader. What I don't see is any place on the SCV for power beyond. I felt around with my hand on the side I couldn't see and think I felt a port, but I could be wrong on that. Plus, it's only one... Now, what gets me is the 3 lines. Shouldn't there be 2 lines? As in, one coming from the pump and one going back to the resevoir? Or, do they have two lines coming from the pump and only one return? Doesn't make sense to me.

/ Sc2400 Valve Question
So, wanted to add that I got to thinking about how the 2450 with the backhoe works... I mean, it needs hydraulic pressure back there. Does it feed off the lines from underneith like the loader or have it's own lines? If it has it's own lines and shares the same valves as on the 2400, I should be able to copy it, no? Anyone with a 2450 want to share how the hydraulic for the BH is hooked up?

/ Sc2400 Valve Question #9  
So, wanted to add that I got to thinking about how the 2450 with the backhoe works... I mean, it needs hydraulic pressure back there. Does it feed off the lines from underneith like the loader or have it's own lines? If it has it's own lines and shares the same valves as on the 2400, I should be able to copy it, no? Anyone with a 2450 want to share how the hydraulic for the BH is hooked up?

This is the key here, finding out how they feed the backhoe. Is your dealer no help?

/ Sc2400 Valve Question #10  
If you go to the parts manual look up and type in sc2450 as the model and serial number of 0, you can look at the parts manual for the 2450.