Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member

Default Sc2400 Valve Question

Anyone here familiar with the hydraulics on an Sc2400? I want to find out if my valve has a port for power beyond or how I might be able to add rear remotes controlled independantly of the FEL.
    Cub Cadet Yanmar Sc2400 TLD

Tractor
    CCY Sc2400 TL NH T2320 TL

Default Re: Sc2400 Valve Question

I would assume it would be similar if not the same as this
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/j...t-install.html2305-power-beyond-kit-install.html

There a picture I posted of the loader valve here, which I think is what would be used.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/j...ml#post1754177

I've been thinking of going with the WR Long kit as I think it's around $600 bucks. That's what it was the last time I checked it out anyway back in November. I figured that would be the easiest way to go.
    CCY Sc2400, Woods PHD35, Very Old 60" BB, Harbor Freight QH, EF115 Flail Mower, BX42s Chipper, County Line Carry-All, County Line (Tarter Gate) 48" Tiller, Homemade 60" Dethatcher

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Your machine is very similar to the Yanmar built JD's like gt just referenced. I belive you will need a Power Beyond kit for your machine-then you can plumb in a new valve.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Bronze Member

Looking at those pictures of the power beyond for the 2305, it doesn't really look the same... My wifes uncle has a 2305. Maybe I could look at his to compare. The JD 2305 isn't really the same as the Sc2400. Its not like the JD 790 and the 3200's where they are pretty much the same tractor. I'll have to take a closer look at my valve and see if I can try and guess at whats what.

Tractor

You can locate a parts manual for the Sc2400 here.

PDF Manual Web Archive

Hopefully it allows you to enter in your model number and serial number and not direct you somewhere else. The manual is about 31 megs in size.
    A picture of the loader valve and part info is on pg 138. Quickly glancing through it, I didn't notice a full schematic of the hydraulics but I could have missed it.
    CCY Sc2400, Woods PHD35, Very Old 60" BB, Harbor Freight QH, EF115 Flail Mower, BX42s Chipper, County Line Carry-All, County Line (Tarter Gate) 48" Tiller, Homemade 60" Dethatcher

Tractor

Looking through the manual, it looks like the valves are covered from pages 128-138. Attached are some pictures. Figure 73, img 90 is the 3pt lever/valve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -parts-manual_img_86-jpg   -parts-manual_img_87-jpg   -parts-manual_img_88-jpg   -parts-manual_img_89-jpg   -parts-manual_img_90-jpg  

-parts-manual_img_91-jpg  

Bronze Member

I took a look at mine tonight... Maybe someone can shed some light on what I'm looking at. So, I see the 3pt valve with the speed control knob and three lines going from it to the SCV for the loader. I see the lines from the SVC going to the quick connects under the tractor for the loader. What I don't see is any place on the SCV for power beyond. I felt around with my hand on the side I couldn't see and think I felt a port, but I could be wrong on that. Plus, it's only one... Now, what gets me is the 3 lines. Shouldn't there be 2 lines? As in, one coming from the pump and one going back to the resevoir? Or, do they have two lines coming from the pump and only one return? Doesn't make sense to me.

Bronze Member

So, wanted to add that I got to thinking about how the 2450 with the backhoe works... I mean, it needs hydraulic pressure back there. Does it feed off the lines from underneith like the loader or have it's own lines? If it has it's own lines and shares the same valves as on the 2400, I should be able to copy it, no? Anyone with a 2450 want to share how the hydraulic for the BH is hooked up?

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by Hozen View Post
    So, wanted to add that I got to thinking about how the 2450 with the backhoe works... I mean, it needs hydraulic pressure back there. Does it feed off the lines from underneith like the loader or have it's own lines? If it has it's own lines and shares the same valves as on the 2400, I should be able to copy it, no? Anyone with a 2450 want to share how the hydraulic for the BH is hooked up?
    This is the key here, finding out how they feed the backhoe. Is your dealer no help?
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor

If you go to the parts manual look up and type in sc2450 as the model and serial number of 0, you can look at the parts manual for the 2450.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast