CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER

/ CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER #1  

MATTS875

I was looking at a Cub Cadet Ex450 today and inquired about the 0% financing and the dealer told me that Cub Cadet charges him a 3% fee of the amount financed.Is this accurate? and that it would have to be added back in the price.If anyone knows please let me know.thanks..

/ CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER #2  
Probably right. Financing costs money to someone. Would have hoped he could have built that 3% in the original price then discounted for cash though.
Those 450's are a pretty decent price for what they are.

/ CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER #3  
When I bought my Sc2400, I was sold the "0% financing" and then when it came time to write the check, they told me the price would be 3% more than I agreed to. I told them where they could put their 3%. In the end, I paid what I agreed to originally without the extra 3% and still got the 0% financing. I not so politely informed them that if I had to pay 3% for 0% financing, then it wasn't 0% financing.

/ CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER #4  
When I purchased my Sc2400 back in Aug, I spoke with a dealer in SC and they told me that it would be an extra $700 or $800 if I financed it versus paying cash. Needless to say, I bought my tractor some place else.

/ CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER #5  
When I purchased my Sc2400 back in Aug, I spoke with a dealer in SC and they told me that it would be an extra $700 or $800 if I financed it versus paying cash. Needless to say, I bought my tractor some place else.

An honest dealer. He explained their is no such thing as "FREE" money. Somebody is paying when something is purchased at 0% percent financing.

/ CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER #6  
I didn't have to pay 3% on my ex3200

They are giving 0%, not because it is free money lending.

That is the seller's gift because they are unable to sell their products and they must make a concession to get it sold.

Products aren't guaranteed to be sold just because someone is selling them. They have to sweeten the pot a little by offering free lending. Their end of the bargain is that they are able to get their product sold.

I wouldn't pay it, or have them checked out with cub cadet.

/ CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER #7  
i guess the question which would i rather see on a big ticket product a lower cash/ chk price or a price that has financing dollars built in ??????

/ CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER #8  
I guess it just depends on the dealer. Some have the prices written on the tag as "Cash" price. Others jack up the price in case the customer wants to do the 0% financing and work down in price with cash or check. Gravy, if you financed $18000 for your EX3200 TLB that would be over $500 lost in profit from someone, somewhere. If the dealer doesn't tell you about the 3% dealer fee then I would be willing to bet that he is desperate to get rid of the machine or more likely has the fee built into the price. When I bought my Sc2400 a couple years ago I went through this with my dealer, he even gave me a copy of the financing programs. In one of the columns it listed the dealer fees. Needless to say, I saved myself some money by writing out a check.

/ CUB CADET EX450 FINANCING DEALER #9  
Financing costs someone. If it didn't get mentioned, it was probably worked into the price somehow. With pretty much every manufacturer offering 0% for 60 months, Cub had to get on the stick & offer it. If a dealer is willing to give up 3% of his margin to sell a product, then good for the consumer. But that's a hard way to keep an operation in good standing. Maybe if it was some leftover stockthat had to move it would be worth it, but not on every deal.