SC2450 vs BX25 vs 2305

/ SC2450 vs BX25 vs 2305 #1  

dpero

Tractor
Cub Cadet/Yanmar sc2450
In my quest to purchase a new SC, I didn't find many reviews for the sc2450. There are many for the Kubota and enough for the JD. What was out there seemed to focus mainly on price. To help me decide, I made up a simple table with specs that seemed to matter to me when thumbing through brochures and such. I had it narrowed down to these three and didn't include the many more makes out there.

As far as the colors, red was a no go for me, yellow was just to indicate a compromise and not a show stopper on a particular model. I got lazy in the last few lines as I had decided against the 2305 hence the don't cares.

And since I am posting this in this forum, as you may have deduced, I purchased the sc2450. Two days later and no complaints except that the floor mat seems very thin and buckles when warmed in the sun. Also got it for a better price than whats in the table.

So, here's my contribution to the reviews. Enjoy.

sc2450_bx25_2305.jpg

/ SC2450 vs BX25 vs 2305
Perhaps this would be better in the "Buying/Pricing/Comparisons" forum? Just noticed that one.

/ SC2450 vs BX25 vs 2305 #3  
Perhaps this would be better in the "Buying/Pricing/Comparisons" forum? Just noticed that one.

Yes, probably a better thread. Very interesting comparison....I'm obviously biased in my choices, but it looks like it's extremely competitive with the "big 2". I've tried the sc2400 and REALLY like the shift-on-the-fly, extremely handy. Thanks for putting the comparison together and sharing!
It'll actually be kinda fun posting this in the other forum, you'll see Orange and Green loyalists feathers flying! ;)

/ SC2450 vs BX25 vs 2305 #4  
I feel jd took a loss with the seperation from Yanmar! They are a top notch company very well respected for quality in the industry.

/ SC2450 vs BX25 vs 2305 #5  
Purchased an Sc2450 new from a dealer a little further away from me than I want to travel for service BUT so far the tractor is a nice machine.
I have kept the rpm low and the BH digs well, after the first 50 hrs this thing should dig really well.
FEL is nice , BH is great, power is good, 4wd goes through anything I need to so far, that said… it is a nice tractor for the money, why pay for the "acceptable name brands" when there is a tractor of this quality out there.

I had two tree stumps that I was not going to tackle with a shovel, have left them for about five years on one, a 50 ft Locust, and a year on the other, a 30 ft Pine; the Sc2450 dug into them and had them out in short order.

I’m rambling so… IMHO, can’t say enough so far, I believe you will not be disappointed in the CCYanmar Tractor.