Cub Yanmar SX3100 rear remote?

/ Cub Yanmar SX3100 rear remote? #1  

WITM

Tractor
Cub Cadet Yanmar SX3100
Does anyone have a good solution for adding rear remote hydraulics to a Cub Cadet Yanmar SX3100?

/ Cub Yanmar SX3100 rear remote? #2  
Welcome to TBN:D:D

Not specifically to your machine, but in general yes;)

I assume you have a FEL (front end loader)? OK then, go count how may hoses are connected to the valve, and try to see if the ports are marked. If you have seven hoses, then your all set and a new valve addition will be in the $400.00 range.

Pictures will help also:thumbsup:

/ Cub Yanmar SX3100 rear remote? #3  
When I looked into adding rear remotes to my Sc2400, I ended up locating a service manual for a Sc2450 and tracing how they integrated the line for the backhoe. I'm sure there are others who can chime in and tell you if this is right or wrong, but since the SX series can also be had with a backhoe, I'd try to find the service manual and find the line that would normally be used to power the backhoe hydraulics and tap into that. Thats step one...

Now, the line for the backhoe needs to be connected at all times when the backhoe is not connected. That is important. In the case of my 2400, it's essentially a return line from the SCV for the loader. So, to add a rear remote, you'll need an open center valve and tap into the line that normally feeds the backhoe. I believe with a open center 3 position valve, you'd get what I would consider one "set" of "typical" rear remotes.

I haven't actually taken the plunge on my 2400 since I currently have no use for rear remotes (was actually looking more at power beyond for grapple)... But, looking at it, it doesn't look like it would be rocket science as long as you are somewhat handy.

I feel like cub cadet should offer a power beyond kit for the smaller tractors... They have a kit for the EX series. Why not make something available for the folks who have a need for a smaller machine?

/ Cub Yanmar SX3100 rear remote? #4  
WR Long has a kit for the Sc2400. The last time I looked into it, the cost was around $600 and you had to get it from a dealer that sold their products. You can give them a call and they will tell you what they have available.

Valve Kits

When I bought my Sc2400 last yr, the dealer had one with a 4n1 bucket and the valve kit already installed. I should have just bought that one and then I would have been set for when I wanted to add a grapple.

/ Cub Yanmar SX3100 rear remote?
Thanks Kennyd super member and member of the month! Wow I am honored and I mean that sincerily.

I'm out of town at the moment but was able to get the attachment which may help or not. If not I will get the information you requested as soon as I can.

I did call the Valve kit place mentioned by another helpful member but they werent much help since the engineer is on vacation until Monday.

This tractor is very much the same as the JD2720 and JD lists some attachments on their website, Power beyond kit, Third selective control valve kit and a rear hyd outlet kit which gives a decription of "routes dual mid SCV'S to rear of tractor.
Would I need all three? The total is just under 1,000 dollars!!

Thanks.

/ Cub Yanmar SX3100 rear remote? #6  
Thanks Kennyd super member and member of the month! Wow I am honored and I mean that sincerily.

You are welcome:eek:

This tractor is very much the same as the JD2720 and JD lists some attachments on their website, Power beyond kit, Third selective control valve kit and a rear hyd outlet kit which gives a decription of "routes dual mid SCV'S to rear of tractor.
Would I need all three? The total is just under 1,000 dollars!!
No, you don't need all three. The PB kit is for operating things such as backhoes and logsplitters that have their own valves.

The 3rd valve kit is just that, and independent valve to operate cylinders, like a HTL (hydraulic top link) or the lift on some other implements.

The rear kit is just hoses that run from the loader ports to the rear of the machine-only really useful if you do not have a FEL.

Yanmar makes both machines, hence the similarity. When I first commented to your thread, I thought this was one of the older CC models (pre-Yanmar days) so the info I wrote may not apply...