New guy with a SC2400 question....

/ New guy with a SC2400 question.... #1  

Lenny0264

Tractor
John Deere 325
Hi, found this site researching CUT's. So far I've found it very informative.
I have a couple of questions about the SC2400. I was looking at on at my local dealer in Hilliard Ohio. I priced out one with the FEL,MMM and 60" snow blade. I was quoted $15590 plus tax. Is this a good price? Also' I was reading the brochure and it says "60" blade is made of heavy duty moldboard". Does anyone have experience with this balde? If so, what's the verdict?
I've also looked at the JD 2320 and Kubota B2320. Thanks

/ New guy with a SC2400 question.... #2  
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm not up on the pricing, I'm sure some other members can chime in on that.
As far as the plow, if it's the same plow as the last generation Cub which I think it is, yes it is a heavy duty plow. The delta hitch is a very nice setup, the plow comes on/off in seconds. I use mine for snow removal, and have used it on dirt as well with no problems.
Good Luck!

/ New guy with a SC2400 question....
Thanks Scoutcub. I finally found something on the cub cadet website that shows the front blade. Looks like a pretty nice piece.

/ New guy with a SC2400 question.... #4  
I'm pretty sure you can't have the FEL and the quick hitch for the snow plow on at the same time. So, keep that in mind. I just use my FEL to push snow. A blade would probably be nicer, but if you are going through all the trouble of installing and uninstalling the quick hitch every time, why not get the front blower and just call it a day? Or is the plow for grading?

Thanks for pointing that out Hozen. I had thought of that as well. If it is true, I guess I could live with taking it off and putting it on when needed.
I had never really looked at getting a FEL before, but at that price I can't see why not.
Also, I went to the next closest dealer and was quoted $15.250.

I have a couple of other questions.
1) What type of, if any hydraulic cooling is there? Is there a seperate cooler or just a fan blowing over the transmission like the JD2305?
2)Those of you that have the MMM, how do you like it? any issues, complaints.
Thanks again.

/ New guy with a SC2400 question.... #7  
Thanks for pointing that out Hozen. I had thought of that as well. If it is true, I guess I could live with taking it off and putting it on when needed.
I had never really looked at getting a FEL before, but at that price I can't see why not.
Also, I went to the next closest dealer and was quoted $15.250.

That is true, you have to remove the loader to install the front hitch with blade/blower. I've never removed mine, but it's supposed to be a fairly quick process.
And, You'll never regret getting a loader!

/ New guy with a SC2400 question.... #8  
I have a couple of other questions.
1) What type of, if any hydraulic cooling is there? Is there a seperate cooler or just a fan blowing over the transmission like the JD2305?
2)Those of you that have the MMM, how do you like it? any issues, complaints.
Thanks again.

Yeah, there is an oil cooler. It's sandwiched (sort of) in front (or back, depending on how you look at it) of the radiator. It's easy to see on the tractor if you're looking at one. These tractors use reverse cooling so the radiator is just in front of the operators station (not the front of the tractor) and the fan sucks air in from the operators station and then blows it out over the motor. So, if you look at a 2400, open the hood and look towards the left side (if you're standing in front of it) of the radiator. I also happen to have a parts manual for the 2450... the oil cooler is on page 125.

/ New guy with a SC2400 question.... #9  
Also, my wifes uncle who lives rather close to us has a JD 2305. It's a good tractor, but I like my 2400 better for a number of reasons. Better turning radius, dual hydraulic pumps, and better operating station all come to mind. The JD is a fine tractor, but having operated both... I'd take my 2400 any day.

/ New guy with a SC2400 question.... #10  
Also, my wifes uncle who lives rather close to us has a JD 2305. It's a good tractor, but I like my 2400 better for a number of reasons. Better turning radius, dual hydraulic pumps, and better operating station all come to mind. The JD is a fine tractor, but having operated both... I'd take my 2400 any day.

And, shift on the fly.....I THINK Cub is the only manufacturer that has this?