CC-Y SC2400

/ CC-Y SC2400 #1  

peterg333

Tractor
Looking!
I am looking to purchase a new sc2400. I will use it to take care of 5 acres for mostly snow moving and "conditioning" a horse riding arena with a harrow. My harrow is 673 pounds...max. 3 pt hitch weight on sc2400 is 661. Will this be a problem? Can I still use this harrow? If I do...will I potentially be causing any problems??? Thanks!

/ CC-Y SC2400 #2  
I think your really going to have a hard time pulling that harrow if at all in an arena.

Buck

/ CC-Y SC2400
The harrow...it seems..is "only" 620 lbs. But...why do you think that I'll have a hard trime pulling the harrow in the arena?

/ CC-Y SC2400 #4  
There are many different kinds of harrows but we have two different styles in the weight range and both take a tractor with about twice the horsepower and more than twice the weight and even that will feel underpowered. Any chance you could show a pic of the harrow?

Buck

/ CC-Y SC2400
Its a redmaster harrow. Specs say that it needs 22 HP. I have been using a New Holland 7308 and it works just fine! The sc2400 is 24 HP...sooo...I thought that the hp wouldn't be a problem! red_master_harrow.jpg

/ CC-Y SC2400 #6  
The 7308 is the loader and it is typically used on a TC-30 tractor which is a compact tractor. The SC2400 is a sub compact tractor. A comparable tractor in Cub, to the TC-30 would be the EX3200. Implement manufactures confuse the issue when they use horsepower as a "size". Are they talking about a Ford 8n at 22 horsepower or a sub compact SC2400 that is 4 times smaller. Looking at the harrow on their web site I think it is way too much for the SC2400

/ CC-Y SC2400
Thank you very much for your replies! I will try the harrow with the sc2400 before I buy. Is there anything that I should "look out for" when trying the 2400 with the harrow? Run in 4wd? What if I were to "swap" my 8' harrow for the 6' model (about 100lbs lighter)....? Thanks!

/ CC-Y SC2400 #8  
I almost hate to even say anything on this thread but I have been really impressed with my sc2400 as far as pulling power. I do very little ground engagment with it other than the box blade But I will say it pulls that very well a 5' box blade if fact I believe it does a better job than the old ford does those front wheels driving make a heck of a difference. That being said I do know front wheel drive is a costly thing to fix and the more you use it the more it breaks
But I vote for trying it after all your not breaking sod with it see what it does and knocking it down to 6' will make a lot of difference

/ CC-Y SC2400 #9  
Did you get it ?