SC2400 MM mower wheel parts

/ SC2400 MM mower wheel parts #1  

gordyy

Gold Member
Tractor
cub cadet yanmar sc2400 Kubota F2560
happy to report well not happy about it but I tore up a front wheel on my mower deck cut it when I drove it over a very sharp piece of rebar sticking up in the weeds (another reason give very high estimats on ground that has not been mowed in a while and the owners are not familiar with whats there)
also has some issues with the brass bushings wearing on the front turning idler wheels. The wheel was not as bad as I thought the assembly was around $80.00 with frt so not too outlandish. Had prices quoted on the bushings and thought they looked 1. a lot like some I have used on other things and 2 was way too high $15.00 a piece. so I had them order a wheel and went home tore things the rest of the way apart also the pricing on the axle shart for the wheels was a crazy and they said the bushing in the wheel was only available as a wheel assembly.
Made a trip to my storage garage and dug around found a set of bushing I had bought at TSC for my old 1320 cub cadet front axle they are the same as the bushings in the upright shaft of the front idler, went to TSC they still have them for $2.99 each much better than !5. per so took the 2 they had in their generic bushing display used the two I had in storage and had em order me 4 more for extras. then pulled the wheel out to replace they use a steel bushing and a steel axle shaft and both were worn about equally got another price around $16 for the axle Pipe and of course bushings came with wheel and tire only. went to TSC again found a roller bearing (not sealed so grease can penetrate when you grease things and I do daily) $4.99 per bearing or $10. a wheel all 4 wheels the bushing and axle were wearing front more than rear but noticable wobble . Stopped in at the machine shop my daughters significant other works at looking for possibly something I could make do as the axle shafts are 1/2" inside and 3/4" outside, I figured a pipe or hollow shaft I could maybe turn down to the right size, Low and behold they actually had some machine tubing exactly that size around left from a project they had did some time back ( they are like me get more storage don't throw anything outside or away as you may need it) looked it up they could order it for about $25 for I think it was an 8 or 10 ' piece so I took the 3' they had gave em $6. for it they were happy a lil cutting I got me 8 Axle shafts lol.
so instead of $96 per wheel to fix the wheels each it was about $11 and to repair the up and down swivel action on the front idlers it was $8 instead of $34 per wheel
guess it just pays to save things and take your calipers out and go looking
by the way a good thing to suggest if you dont have in the tool box is a digital calipers that kind of thing is getting way reasonable any more.
hope this can save someone else a dollar or two someday also!!!