Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews??

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews?? #1  

knotquita

Tractor
massey ferguson 35
I am going to buy a new tractor and am considering purchasing a Cub Cadet LX410 and can't find any reviews. Does anyone have any experience using them??

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews?? #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews?? #3  
Welcome to TBN!

If you go to the Cub Cadet Yanmar/CUT forum and scroll down, you'll see a thread where a member purchased an LX410. You could ask him on the thread or send him a private message.

Good luck!

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews?? #4  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Cub Cadet Yanmar & CUT's Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews?? #5  
I have looked at them and the workmanship looks good. I have a EX3200 that I absolutely love. The only thing I would trade for would be an LX model. My dealer really doesn't want to take trades all that badly though.

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews?? #6  
knotquita said:
I am going to buy a new tractor and am considering purchasing a Cub Cadet LX410 and can't find any reviews. Does anyone have any experience using them??

I have an Lx450 and LOVE it!! Can you tell I like it? Ha ha... Seriously, I went from an Ex450 to the Lx450 and haven't looked back. Any questions, just ask, I'm happy to share/help any way I can.

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews?? #7  
I just bought the LX410. I have had it for a couple of weeks and rototilled with it and bucketed dirt. So far I really like it. Pm me if you like.

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews?? #8  
Can anyone tell me the actual PTO HP of the LX410 shuttle shift. The dealer I spoke with states the PTO was producing more than the rated engine Hp which is almost impossible, Online others have stated its only 30 at the PTO which does not make any sense either a Hydrostatic Transmission model would reduce the PTO Hp greatly but the gear Transmission with the Hydra reverser should not reduce the PTO HP that much. I would think it should be at least 35 HP at the PTO??????????????? This could be what changes my mind on my purchase.

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar LX410 Reviews?? #9  
The spec sheet says 30.4 PTO horsepower at 2700rpm. Note, this is a Electro-hydraulic independent PTO which by all accounts have lower HP ratings than a live or non-live PTO. That said, the new Yanmars seem to lose one or two rated HP on top of that when comparing other brands of 40hp tractors with independent hydraulic PTOs.

Here's where I'm going to start thinking out loud, so anyone reading this, please correct me if I'm off base. That PTO HP rating is from a Dynometer hooked up to the PTO, however, no torque ratings are published. What we do know is Yanmar engines have a shorter stroke and larger bore than other 40hp engines like Kubota and Kioti, which share the same 83mm bore and 92.4 mm stroke. Looking at the power bands of the two different 40hp engines, the Yanmar 4tnv88 puts out more torque than the Kubota 40hp at 2700rpm. So I'm wondering if the Yanmar has a slight PTO torque advantage whereas the smaller bore, longer stroke engines have a slight HP advantage?

In any event, if we get this detailed into PTO horsepower we're probably splitting hairs. You maybe just want to review the implement capacities page in the Yanmar LX tractor manual, it will tell you what size and weight mower, tiller, etc the tractor is rated to handle. My 45hp HST Yanmar, for example, has 32.5 PTO horsepower and is rated for 72 inch mowers and 74 inch tillers.