Just bought an EX2900.

/ Just bought an EX2900. #1  

tractordave2900

Tractor
Cub Cadet Yanmar 2900
This thing is fun! Learning the backhoe is a bit difficult, I still only have 7 hrs on the meter. I'm babying it for the first 40 or 50 hrs. Pulled my first small stumps, this is great.

Scooped/cleaned out the horse barn also, with loader. Got it almost spotless. Made a poop pile 5 or 6 ft high. Gotta love that...

Going to get a box scraper to level out the pasture a bit. Hope it works.

I'm trying to figure out NAPA filters for the filters. Is there any problem with this, and does anyone know the types to look for?

New to tractorin' & loving it...:thumbsup:

/ Just bought an EX2900. #2  
Congrats on the new tractor, the Ex2900 was my first toy, er, tool... I loved it!

/ Just bought an EX2900. #3  
Congratulations on your new ride! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: And :welcome: to TBN! :thumbsup:

/ Just bought an EX2900. #5  
As far as filters start here:

WIX filters, WIX oil filters, WIX air filters, WIX fuel filters, WIX Heavy Duty Oil Filters : Filter Look-Up

I've found everything for my sc2400 except the fuel filter/strainer.

The tranny filter is the only filter I'm leery of using aftermarket, jmo.
I have not yet used an aftermarket oil filter. They're only around $6 for my tractor, so I don't see a big savings there.

I ended up buying my air and fuel element filters online.
Napa wanted nearly as much as cub.

Enjoy your new toy!:thumbsup:

/ Just bought an EX2900.
Just ordered a 5' box blade. Should be in next week. Even more stuff to learn, plus I gotta remove the backhoe for the first time.

Guess I'll just go slow & follow the instructions.

There's 30+ zerk fittings on the tractor! Glad I have a pneumatic grease gun!

/ Just bought an EX2900. #7  
That backhoe a lone is most of the grease fittings! I haven't taken off the backhoe since I got it and I have over 100 hours on it. It looks like it is simple. Give us an update on that.

/ Just bought an EX2900. #8  
Bought my EX2900 last summer, trading iin my Mahindra 2615 for the Cub Cadet TLB 'cause I needed a backhoe to maintain our 83 acres. Incidentally, the Mahindta was a great tractor, in many ways the better of the the two. Previous machine was a '53 Ford Jubilee (NAA), but i finally needed power steering with a loaded bucket. As to removing/reinstalling the backhoe on the 2900, it's a piece of cake. Just follow the book and it's a 5-minute job. Do shut the engine off when hooking/unhooking the two hoses as this relieves the hydralic pressure making it easier to release the quick-disconnects.

/ Just bought an EX2900. #9  
Thanks. Any ideas, information, hints, etc... anyone has would be helpful.

Tractordave -

Congrats on the new rig! Where in western WA are you? I used to live and still have a house/property in Port Angeles......love it up there!

/ Just bought an EX2900.
Scoutcub: hi. I'm in Port Orchard area. Nice here, when we get a summer... Summer usually starts on 5th of July. Port Angeles is also a great area, we need to drive over and visit the Olympic mountains more often. Always busy...