Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 #1  

Sproctor

Tractor
Sc2400
I am on a very limited income. I wanted a new tractor and the SC2400 was within reach. I live on 227 acres that has had some but not a great deal of management over the past 20 years. To cut it short I am using this little tractor as if it is a big boy. The problem I have encountered is the front end clearance is lacking. Twice now brush has torn the little rubber boots on the front axle. The first time the dealer replaced one of the boots under warranty. Now I guess the second one is on me. My questions are is the rubber boots necessary? Will a torn boot hurt anything? What is the degree of experience needed if I tried to replace it myself. Thanks, Steve

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 #2  
I am wondering if a metal guard or skid plate built to go across the front might help? Yes the boots being torn is bad the joints will eventually rust and bind.

I cant see where that should be very hard to do except for the tear down on the axles. Some cv axles come apart at one end only and you need to take both boots and joints off on them to service one end.

I cant say on this machine if thats the case or not but it still isn't that hard just adds work and time. good luck

/ Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 #3  
Steve, the smaller the tire diameter the lower all apendages will be! To have to reclaim 227 acres 48" at a time is going to take a lot of time. I feel you have a dependable tractor for what it was designed for but that isn't what you are using it for.

You should have not bought the sub compact but a compact tractor like the 2900 cadet.

Given that you have what you do then you need to take care of it. You need to protect the bottom of all tractors and it is so much better when it is a few inches higher or what your driving over is a few inches lower! So make sure when you are in an uncharted areas that the loader bucket is checking levels in front of you. Don't drive over it unless the loader has lowered it or leveled it!