2005 kioti ck30 gear vs 2011 cub cadet yanmar ex2900 hydro

/ 2005 kioti ck30 gear vs 2011 cub cadet yanmar ex2900 hydro #1  

alltherage

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 Cub Yanmar EX2900. 1939 Farmall A, 1940 Farmall H, 1959 Oliver 770
Hi all,
newbie here....I found a couple good deals on the the tractors I mentioned above. the ck30 is used with 250 hours on it and has ag tires. The cub cadet is basically new with under 50 hours and has R-4 tires. I know these tractors are different in respect to the tranny and tires. We were looking hard at the kiotis and never really considered the cub until i found the deal on it. basically, both tractors are going for the same money...the cubby is a 1500 more. As much as we love it and researched it, we find it hard to justify the kioti when we can get the cub that is new with a warranty for basically the same money. I'm not as familiar with the cubs reputation.

We live in the snowbelt of NY and will be doing primarily snowplowing and minor brushhogging/grassmowing. In the future, we will be hauling logs and firewood etc.

needing advice...This would be our first tractor, and probably our last. she likes hydro better but can drive gear. I'm indifferent

thanks for any help

/ 2005 kioti ck30 gear vs 2011 cub cadet yanmar ex2900 hydro #2  
The only problem I know of with the ex2900 is, it is a very uncomfortable ride if you are a person of any size.

/ 2005 kioti ck30 gear vs 2011 cub cadet yanmar ex2900 hydro #3  
I understand the new part, but have you been on both. I know nothing about the Cub, but my CK 20 has been much more tractor than I expected. I would place my butt on both seats and see how they operate. If having warrenty is important, then the Cub may be for you, but I doubt you will have any issues with the Kioti.

Eddie

/ 2005 kioti ck30 gear vs 2011 cub cadet yanmar ex2900 hydro
yes, i've been on and driven both. The kioti suspension seat is awesome, but the cub seat is comfy and has great ergonomics.

/ 2005 kioti ck30 gear vs 2011 cub cadet yanmar ex2900 hydro #5  
I found the Cub tight getting on and off, but if it fits you well, then maybe it is the tractor for you. You could come see me and check out a new Mahindra 3016 HST, but if not, good luck with and enjoy what ever tractor you purchase.