CubCadet/Yanmar 2400 at work minus the CubCadet bit.

/ CubCadet/Yanmar 2400 at work minus the CubCadet bit. #1  

MARKMILES77

Tractor
Yanmar EA 2400
Cut down a tree Today and used the 2400 FEL to dig out the root bundle.
A backhoe probably would have been the better choice but since I don't have one the FEL did the job admirably!
I have a 440lb ballast box on the back.

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Mark

Australia

/ CubCadet/Yanmar 2400 at work minus the CubCadet bit. #2  
I like the red/bk config.
Does your MMM get in the way ?
Also, your bucket is different, does Yanmar use a different supplier for outside of US ?

I have the 2450 so got the BH and it digs well.
Dug up three root systems about 6 to 8 ft in OD and the little tractor did well; far faster than I could have done it by hand

I really like this 2450.

/ CubCadet/Yanmar 2400 at work minus the CubCadet bit.
I like the red/bk config.
Does your MMM get in the way ?
Also, your bucket is different, does Yanmar use a different supplier for outside of US ?

I have the 2450 so got the BH and it digs well.
Dug up three root systems about 6 to 8 ft in OD and the little tractor did well; far faster than I could have done it by hand

I really like this 2450.

Hi Scrambler
Haven't found the MMM to get in the way at all when I am using the FEL.

In Australia the FEL is called the AL 27 and is manufactured by a Korean Company called Ansung.
Unfortunately just after I bought my tractor Yanmar started selling the 2400 with an updated version of the AL 27 which is self levelling.

We don't have the option of a 2450 backhoe in Australia. Yanmar don't offer it. Your only option is to get a 3 Point Hitch attached backhoe, offered by an aftermarket company not connected to Yanmar.

Mark

/ CubCadet/Yanmar 2400 at work minus the CubCadet bit. #4  
Sounds like you purchased your rig when they first came out.
The two side cylinders on the FEL look like they would work better than the angle ne on my 2450.
I have only had mine for 1 1/2 years, a lot of earth moving, some digging and snow removal, my drive and everyone on the street and I love the thing.
I was going to buy the Kioti (sp) but looked at the SC2400 at a local dealer, who turned out to be an @ss but that's another story, and got the book on the SC2450 and now I own one. Not sure if I would have purchased the 2400.
Too bad the 2400 doesn't have the locations in the frame for the BH.

Good luck with the digging.

/ CubCadet/Yanmar 2400 at work minus the CubCadet bit. #5  
Both Woods and Wallenstein offer a subframe kit that attaches their backhoes to the 2400 so you don't have to attach them to the 3-point from what I understand.

Woods installation manual for the Subframe kit.
Woods 4-POINT SUB-FRAME MOUNTING KIT on SC2400

Wallenstein's subframe part numbers for their subframe kit. I thought I had an installation guide but I don't seem to be able to find it now.
http://www.embmfg.com/File.aspx?id=299cadb9-9008-4c01-b48d-ec6d1f2094d5

I wish the cub-cadet 2400 also had two side cylinders on the FEL as it would be easier to make a QA for the loader. There is a quick attach for the sc2400/sc2450 available though. small loader Quick attach, Tach-N-Go and attachments Contact magicheater for more information.