Kabota B3200 or CC ex3200

/ Kabota B3200 or CC ex3200 #1  

yankfan

Tractor
shopping
I have been shopping for my first tractor for about a month. A nearby dealer had some Cub Cadets. I hadn't really thought much about them but now I am quite interested and need some advice. I have compared the CC to a Kubota B3200. Although they are similar, there is one thing that stands out. The CC is approx 800l bs heavier than the Kubota. Where does this extra weight come from and does it make alot of difference for traction. Thanks

/ Kabota B3200 or CC ex3200 #2  
I have been shopping for my first tractor for about a month. A nearby dealer had some Cub Cadets. I hadn't really thought much about them but now I am quite interested and need some advice. I have compared the CC to a Kubota B3200. Although they are similar, there is one thing that stands out. The CC is approx 800l bs heavier than the Kubota. Where does this extra weight come from and does it make alot of difference for traction. Thanks

Welcome yank fan!

Two good models, FYI, the CC will be selling under the Yanmar name from now on.

Wait is a very debated issue and Kubota is known to have the least of it. Some people like their tractors lighter so if they want to mow their lawns then it won't sink in as much and add the weight when you need it.

I don't use my tractors on nice manicured lawns and mow with separate machines so I like the extra weight. The extra weight will give you a much smoother ride, give you more traction and will be an overall stronger tractor. In my case, I'd like a tractor that has some of the weight that I'd just be putting on anyway, already on the machine. When comparing those size machines, 800lbs is a big difference and will be noticeable when doing loader work.

There are plenty of reasons for both and each person likes one way because of their situation, if I had to mow the lawn with one of my tractors (such as the smallest of mine the 3120) it would still sink in in some wet areas. My other tractors wouldn't think of mowing the lawn though.

So what's best is really what you'll use it for, are you going to be using this thing for mostly ground engaging stuff, or will you be using it to mow delicate areas as well?

/ Kabota B3200 or CC ex3200 #3  
The main reason it is heavier is you are comparing two different size class tractors. The B3200 is a very small compact tractor, despite having 30hp. A closer comparison would be the CC Ex3200 vs the Kubota L3200, they are pretty close in specs I believe.

/ Kabota B3200 or CC ex3200 #4  
As a former B3200 owner, you will appreciate the extra weight on CC depending on your uses. If your main uses will be ground engaging work, get the heavier tractor if you like it. Nothing wrong with which ever one you choose.

/ Kabota B3200 or CC ex3200 #5  
i will agree if you want to bull into stuff and really do some heavy work, more weight will be better. however, i own a kubota b7800 (very simular to the b3200 and b3300su) and i have done a lot of work with mine. i use it in a small landscaping and fire wood business. the b7800 weighs around 2600lbs loaded tires and fel. i have cut a driveway out of a side hill, moved tons of dirt and gravel, leveled areas for sheds, bush hog (5ft) over 40 acres each year, plow multiple driveways each winter, and winch/skid firewood logs. i do fine with the weight on that tractor. is there times i could use more weight, yes. but i also like the light trailering weight and it makes it easier going over wet areas when i bush hog as i don't sink in as much as a heavier tractor would. i also take it across peoples lawns during landscaping projects and i rarely leave any ruts. if you don't need the mid mount mower/mid pto option, look at the kubota b3300su. if you put the larger r-4 tires on it you can increase the weight by almost 200lbs compared to the b3200 and save yourself around a $1,000 by not having the mid pto option.