Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    MF 5435, MF 165

Default Re: Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Country View Post
    What I'm eager to see is Yanmar being picked up by non cub dealers.
    That will be the proof in the pudding.
    I see Yanmar taking a while to let the dust settle from the cub split. Then they will probably open it to the current commercial/construction dealers that would be able to fill a market gap. I'm also eager to see how aggressive they would be with opening new dealers. My guess is that the current dealerships will have a while to get rolling before any non related dealerships are opened.

Tractor
    NH T2320 TL

The dealer I bought my sc2400 from praised the Yanmar folks all the time. When I ordered some parts to install rear remotes, haven't finished them yet, the parts guy told me he could get yanmar parts in 2 days where it would take the Cub folks a week to get parts. I figured it would be a no brainer for him to sign on with Yanmar. He used to sell Kioti also but he told me there was always a hassle with them when it came to warranty claims. Needless to say, he stopped selling Kioti and now just sells Yanmar.
    Woods PHD35, Very Old 60" BB, Harbor Freight QH, BX42s Chipper, County Line Carry-All, County Line (Tarter Gate) 48" Tiller, Homemade 60" Dethatcher, 73 In. Caroni Flail Mower

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//Komatsu D38//Cub Volunteer//Cub SZ60/CAT 289C/CAT 308

Quote Originally Posted by gtrippleb View Post
    The dealer I bought my sc2400 from praised the Yanmar folks all the time. When I ordered some parts to install rear remotes, haven't finished them yet, the parts guy told me he could get yanmar parts in 2 days where it would take the Cub folks a week to get parts. I figured it would be a no brainer for him to sign on with Yanmar. He used to sell Kioti also but he told me there was always a hassle with them when it came to warranty claims. Needless to say, he stopped selling Kioti and now just sells Yanmar.
    Agreed. The parts I have ordered from Yanmar came much quicker than former Cub parts.
    And I didn't mention, the biggest reason the dealer let go of Yanmar was due to him already carrying Kubota and Case IH.

Tractor
    None

Quote Originally Posted by 1500bigdog View Post
    Looks like a bunch of Cub-Cadet dealers are not resigning contracts with Yanmar after the Cub /Yanmar split....
    The lack of sales,new product & pricing as Cub Cadet / Yanmar dealers seemed to have soured many dealers....Yanmar never brought the right product to market for them to sell , and It seems many of the dealers feel it
    will not get any better with a unprepared Yanmar marketing group ..
    I live in Pa and the Yanmar Dealers Can't keep them in stock.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100, M6800

These things take time but if Yanmar is patient, and we know they are, they will do very well filling an important spot in the market. They have relaible stuff and a great reputation so all they have to do is hang around for a while.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

I think Yanmar has to go to company color scheme to succeed. Just make a clean break from the CC stuff.

HS

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Kubota SVL90-2 CTL

The OP hasn't been back since the original post in March, so I'd say he had some agenda in mind that didn't work.

I think that houstonscott is on to something, but I'd say its more the Cub Cadet association rather then the color. No offense intended, but when I think Cub Cadet I think "well built lawnmower."

I'd love to see Yanmar expand their construction line to include a 50-60hp industrial style tractor with a backhoe option and factory cab offering. Something along the lines of Deere's 210LE, but not so large and heavy. Landscape guys would jump all over it. Kubota gets close with they're M59, but no cab? Seems pretty dumb imho. Yanmar has the construction experience to do it right.
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

John 14:6

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Many LS tractors...current Fave is XR4150HC

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Country View Post
    What I'm eager to see is Yanmar being picked up by non cub dealers.
    That will be the proof in the pudding.
    Well, for what it's worth, here's one! We are an LS Tractor dealer, and sold many many grey Yanmars in years past. We signed on with YofA earlier this year, and have been very happy with the quality of the new tractors, dealer programs, and we expect to see very little in terms of warranty issues if our experience with 30+ year old Yanny's is any guide. They've been moving pretty aggressively to sign new dealers in our region.
    John Ryan
    RCO Tractor
    512-535-6862
    john "at" rcotractor.com

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420

Sounds like the Op was talking about a Cub Cadet dealer in Waterboro, one of two CC dealers in Maine. The other CC dealer appears to have signed with Yanmar.

Waterboro is a lot closer to me than the dealer I did buy my Yanmar from, its just 20 miles away. I guess that CC dealer missed out on a potential Yanmar sale and future service dollars.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar sc2400 TLD, 1989 Ford 2120 with loader

Quote Originally Posted by ProdaddyTX View Post
    Well, for what it's worth, here's one! We are an LS Tractor dealer, and sold many many grey Yanmars in years past. We signed on with YofA earlier this year, and have been very happy with the quality of the new tractors, dealer programs, and we expect to see very little in terms of warranty issues if our experience with 30+ year old Yanny's is any guide. They've been moving pretty aggressively to sign new dealers in our region.

Good to hear and good luck. Hope you have much success selling the new line.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast