Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #21  
Yanmar has 100 years experience of running con games. Axe to grind? Yes I have one. Its called an SC2400. My area has went from about 10 authorized Yanmar dealers to Zero. Nearest one is over 100 miles away. 4 1/2 hour round trip. Part numbers are top secret with dealers so you cant cross reference.
3 year old pile of junk broke as I speak and not the first time dealing with this finding parts crap.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #22  
Yanmar has 100 years experience of running con games. Axe to grind? Yes I have one. Its called an SC2400. My area has went from about 10 authorized Yanmar dealers to Zero. Nearest one is over 100 miles away. 4 1/2 hour round trip. Part numbers are top secret with dealers so you cant cross reference.
3 year old pile of junk broke as I speak and not the first time dealing with this finding parts crap.

Hope you get something going to get out of that hole. Can't comment on what may be going on locally but I have observed Yanmar working well with my dealer in Brownsborough Alabama. The dealer on the phone with several conversations and call backs until they work something out to get the best plan of action going and next thing that happens is that there is a shipping notice that the parts are within one or two days of delivery. I am not just talking about warranty work. Older tractors, was mostly what I saw being dealt with. So far I have not needed anything but service parts.

The thing I noticed is that they are dealing with some reorganization issues but are jumping on top of situations for people that will work with them. As bad as a situation may be and how bad you may be feeling at the moment you just have to let that go , a rant gets nothing done on the other end. It is a difficult situation when you have to work to find a dealer in another state or something but there are some good ones out there with lots of experience with these tractors and they can work with you as long as they don't have to listen to a lot of negative talk to start off with. They know the situation but are willing to play a constructive part if it does not become too unpleasant.

It is definitely not the same as going up to the John Deere dealer, I can vouch for that but it is also not a wipe out for someone that can be flexible. Some of us just don't have time for that and so should just go pay what ever the bigger dealers ask and hope they stay in business.

The John Deere Dealer in Bardstown KY shut down after almost a hundred years in business and the farmers that have not adapted to internet information age living are in a frustrated state at the moment.

There is an answer out there somewhere for you, I know your pain, I had a similar thing with my Branson but it was a matter of just settling down and finding other sources of support and it was there. Out of state dealer but he works well for me.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #23  

What's wrong with the Sc2400? Did you buy it new? I always order my parts from a dealer in MI, only been to local dealer once.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #24  
Should still be under warranty, I believe? It's
5 year powertrain....unless they upped it to that in 2011/12?

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #25  
Yanmar makes great engines, no doubt! Even after their split with Deere, they're not only still powering the compacts, they're now powering the larger Deere compact (4x20 series), although that's because of the tier 4 emission requirements.

Although I think they make a great tractor, I'm guessing their reputation may have been tarnished because of the grey market machines brought in over ther years. I'm not blasting grey market Yanmars, but some of the importers may have been less then helpful.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #26  
I would also like to know what's wrong with the SC2400.

Recently I bent a couple things on my LX: (1) a sliding stabilizer bar for the 3-point lifting arms and (2) the rear PTO master shield, both were my fault. My Yanmar dealer had a computerized parts system, we picked out the parts I needed on the screen, they had an inventory of what parts they had in stock, which ones they had to order and ship to me, etc. There wasn't anything negative about the experience.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #27  
Even after their split with Deere

What split is this? Aren't they doing what they have always done? Produce engines for Deere, make tractors themselves under their name or another name as competition to Deere and be a component manufacturer.

I think Deere and Yanmar are still partners at Transaxle Corp. of America.

Or am I missing something?

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #28  
What split is this? Aren't they doing what they have always done? Produce engines for Deere, make tractors themselves under their name or another name as competition to Deere and be a component manufacturer.

I think Deere and Yanmar are still partners at Transaxle Corp. of America.

Or am I missing something?

I think it was when Yanmar made their deal with Cub Cadet...that must have soured their relationship with Deere, or their deal with Cub was a result of their relationship "end" with Deere.
Apparently, not for long though. As far as I know, Yanmar is still manufacturing the 3005 and 4005 tractors (formerly 790 and 990, respectively). I don't know if Yanmar manufactures any other Deere CUTs at this time.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #29  
Rumor I heard was Yanmar wanted their name on the tractors they were building for Deere, the deal with Cub Cadet got Yanmar's name on the tractor. Anywho, just a rumor, but I don't believe Yanmar builds complete tractors for Deere anymore. Obviously Deere and Yanmar still work together, we've even seen some larger John Deere tractors with PowerTech engines offered on Yanmar's Japanese website.

Another thought I have is, since Yanmar is a Japanese company, its more expensive to build tractors there. That's why John Deere is opening factories in India and China, and the Powertech engines are made in Mexico. The cheaper the parts are for John Deere to buy, the more they profit. Deere is just not ready to make a complete switch yet away from Yanmar power plants for its smaller models.

I kinda wish TBN had a man on the inside of both Yanmar and John Deere to keep us informed of what's going on.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #30  
SC2400
Earlier this summer I had the gearbox go out on the deck. (posted in another thread) My only option was a couple 4 hour trips to the nearest dealer to get a complete gearbox for 600 bucks. After a month I was able to cross reference the bearings and parts to a similar box and put it back together. Now the meter cable is broke. It just seems @ 200 hrs and a few months out from the 3 year warranty this things falling apart. And I cant get parts with out taking the trip.