Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #1  

1500bigdog

Tractor
Yanmar
Looks like a bunch of Cub-Cadet dealers are not resigning contracts with Yanmar after the Cub /Yanmar split....
The lack of sales,new product & pricing as Cub Cadet / Yanmar dealers seemed to have soured many dealers....Yanmar never brought the right product to market for them to sell , and It seems many of the dealers feel it
will not get any better with a unprepared Yanmar marketing group ..

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #2  
1500bigdog said:
Looks like a bunch of Cub-Cadet dealers are not resigning contracts with Yanmar after the Cub /Yanmar split....
The lack of sales,new product & pricing as Cub Cadet / Yanmar dealers seemed to have soured many dealers....Yanmar never brought the right product to market for them to sell , and It seems many of the dealers feel it

Let me be the first to say... Bu!!*****! All of the dealers around me signed with Yanmar. The Yanmar products are first rate, and the prices are very competitive. I'll agree that the split itself caused some misgivings, but that'll pass. You sound like someone with an axe to grind...

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #3  
They're doing just fine in my area.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #4  

Why do you say that?

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #5  
They're doing just fine in my area.

Not here.

My local dealer who primarily sells Mahindra, also sold Cub Cadet/Yanmar until recently. I can only speculate as to why they stopped, but I suspect it had something to do with the split because the timing was just too coincidental.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #6  
I read in an OPE magazine that about 70-75% of the dealers continued on with Yanmar. I'll try to find the article and the exact magazine. They do make a heck of a tractor so hopefully the dealer support stays strong.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #7  
For some dealers it may not have made sense to continue. Maybe some were asked not to continue? The Yanmar tractors are first class. They're continuing to introduce new machines and grow they're product line. I would expect the Yanmar market share to grow rapidly in the next few years.

They've got some competetive warranty, financing and cash programs going on to clear the old inventory out. It's a pretty good time to be a Yanmar dealer in my opinion.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #8  
For some dealers it may not have made sense to continue. Maybe some were asked not to continue? The Yanmar tractors are first class. They're continuing to introduce new machines and grow they're product line. I would expect the Yanmar market share to grow rapidly in the next few years.

They've got some competetive warranty, financing and cash programs going on to clear the old inventory out. It's a pretty good time to be a Yanmar dealer in my opinion.

Agreed. I deal with 10 dealers, and all except one have signed on with Yanmar.
I own 2 Cub/Yanmars, and love em. Built just as good as the green or orange, for less money.

Wondering what the real story is behind those opinions....?

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #9  
What I'm eager to see is Yanmar being picked up by non cub dealers.
That will be the proof in the pudding.

/ Yanmar on their own ?? Doesn't seem to be working #10  
My dealer signed on with Yanmar and is very satisfied. He stayed with Cub for the L&G equipment. The eariler post about Yanmar being dropped by the Mahindra dealer is most likely a decision related to not having L&G machines involved any more. Could be coporate presssures too.