EX450

/ EX450 #1  

Eyecatcher

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar EX450, Ford 8N/2N, Case 580C backhoe, Massey 185
I just joined this forum today, and was looking for some info on my EX450. I don't keep up on tractor news, and consquently wasn't aware that CC and Yanmar had split the sheet. Guess I've had my head in the sand. I started off with a 336D,1982 model, and I loved it. After 10 years, I was discing, plugged the rad with chaff, and got it hot. Pulled it over to a faucet, cooled it off by spraying the rad, cleaned the screen, and went back to work. Got hot again very quicly, so shut it down and pulled the rad. Immediately obvious what happened, the dust in the fins had turned to mud by spraying w/hose, and baked in there. Had rad rblt, and everything was fine - except -it smoked, and you could see a littleoil running down the exhaust stack. I had to have a tractor at the time, so went shopping. Looked @ everything, but Yanmar dlr had this EX with 50 hrs on it, and he knocked $6K off as a demonstrator. I had installed a genuine Yanmar muffler on the old 336 about a week before I got it hot. Ended up selling it, and the guy called me a few days later, and said he was box blading his drivewy, and there was a loud bang, and a bunch of crap blew out of that new muffler, and as far as I know, it has never smoked since.

I'm I the only one on this forum with EX450?

/ EX450 #2  
Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with the 450, but the CCY's are good tractors.

/ EX450
Called and talked to the dealer where purchased, and he is still a Yanmar dealer, and says the only thing changed is the logo. It's a good machine, but the cl400 loader is not built heavy enought for a 45 horse machine.

/ EX450 #4  
Called and talked to the dealer where purchased, and he is still a Yanmar dealer, and says the only thing changed is the logo. It's a good machine, but the cl400 loader is not built heavy enought for a 45 horse machine.

True. The newer LX series have almost #1000 more lifting capacity. Otherwise, good machines!