SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch.

/ SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch. #1  

Flounder11

Tractor
Cub Cadet SC2450
I have an SC 2450! This weekend I took off the backhoe and put on the 3pt. hitch. To do so, the directions said that I had to remove the the rear tire to insert the pin. I did that. Here is my question! Will I have to remove the tire again to reattach the backhoe?

Thanks,
Flounder

/ SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch. #2  
Yes you will, I have the same tractor.

/ SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch. #3  
I do not have to remove my tire to install the backhoe. I assume you mean the lower lift arms pivot pin? I un-thread the sway chain turnbuckles. Then I remove the lower lift arms by sliding the pin one way until it touches the tire, remove an arm, slide it the other way to remove the other arm. The pin stays in place. Hope that helps.

/ SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch. #4  
Thanks for the tip will try it out.

/ SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch.
Thanks! I will give that a try, too! :thumbsup:

/ SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch. #6  
I just got my 3 pt hitch. Any updates on this thread???

/ SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch.
I haven't tried it yet! Hopefully, this weekend I will. I just took the snowblower off and put the FEL back on. Will get the BH on if the weather cooperates here in the Buffalo area.

/ SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch. #8  
I interchange my BH and 3ph attachments all the time without having to remove tire. For the INITIAL install of the 3ph you do have to remove the tire to get the pin in, but after that you're fine. Once installed the pin has enough left/right movement to get the 3ph arms on/off.

/ SC2450/ Had to remove rear tire to attach 3pt hitch. #9  
I installed my TPH a couple of weeks ago. I will be taking it off and installing the BH and FEL for some other work I need to do and there is just enough room to take off the TPH without removing the rear wheel.