Yanmar ea 2400 - new member

/ Yanmar ea 2400 - new member #1  

jbwilson

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar EA2400
Hello

As a new member, I am introducing myself. My name is John Wilson and I live in Canberra, Australia. I am recently retired and now have some time to carry out landscaping of my 1/2 acre block, which will entail moving soil, gravel and heavy retaining wall blocks. I decided to spend some of my savings on a small tractor - instead of, say, a small boat or fast motor cycle.

Having read tractorbynet forums for nearly 2 years as a non-member, I decided to place an order for a Yanmar ea26 with a 4 in 1 fel, 60" MMM, 3'6" Agmax Box Scraper (with 3 height adjustable tines) and a 4' Agamax carryall. Delivery is expected in 2 weeks or so.

No doubt I will be asking questions from you, and hope I can answer questions as my experience with my tractor and equipment grows.

/ Yanmar ea 2400 - new member #3  
welcome and enjoy your new toy

/ Yanmar ea 2400 - new member #4  
Welcome to TBN! We require photos of all new toys....I mean equipment.

/ Yanmar ea 2400 - new member
I'll have a week or so to practising with a camera before the tractor arrives.

/ Yanmar ea 2400 - new member #6  
well I just hope you can sleep the night before LOL

/ Yanmar ea 2400 - new member
My tractor arrives on Thursday 11 October - couple days later than anticipated. I wanted to wait for the tractor to cut our grass but with all the rain, the grass got taller and tougher and given that brown snakes are fairly common here, a mow was in order. Took me 2 days with a push mower - really needed a slasher.

My dealer is in Sydney which is about 300 klms (190 miles) away. They carry out on-site service in the Canberra area which is becoming more economical for them to do given the growing number of small hobby farms emerging from the bushland in the regions around the Australian Capital Territory. However because they need to send their people from Sydney they are looking for good local tractor mechanics - they are currently trialling one person who lives locally.