SC2450 Hydraulic issues?

/ SC2450 Hydraulic issues? #1  

Flounder11

Tractor
Cub Cadet SC2450
Hey Guys,

I gave my SC2450 a good workout last weekend. Today, I go to use it again and I have no hydraulics. Apparently, I banged the hydraulic filter on rear axle area into something and it dented and sprung a leak. What a lousy place to mount a filter. Do I have to use a cub cadet filter or can I find one at a NAPA store? What kind of hydraulic oi should I use?

Thanks
Chris

/ SC2450 Hydraulic issues? #2  
In a situation such as this I would just get it from the dealer.

I hope you didn't damage anything other than a filter.

/ SC2450 Hydraulic issues? #3  
I hope you didn't damage anything other than a filter.

I hope so also as it could end up being pricey if it's not just the filter.

Here's a thread about the hydrostatic/hydraulic fluid.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/cub-cadet-yanmar-cuts/203484-sc2400-hydrostatic-fluid.html#post2341984

Here's a thread with some cross # parts for the Hydraulic Filter
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/cub-cadet-yanmar-cuts/195674-sc2400-transmission-filter-2.html#post2254903

Part number off my invoice from the dealer is 1A8160-24950
Price: $21.81

Messick's is showing $27.23
Cub Cadet FILTER-HYDRAULIC Part #CY-1A8160-24950

/ SC2450 Hydraulic issues?
I don't think I did any other damage. It was running perfectly when I parked it. All I did today was start the motor. At first, I didn't see any fluid on the ground. I was letting it idle for a little bit. Then I noticed it had sprayed the oil . I will most likely get one from the dealer. Unfortunately, the dealer I bought it from is 50 miles away. I have a dealer 20 miles away, but I'm sure I won't get much help from them since I didn't buy it from them. I was gonna buy it from them, but they wanted $1500 more for it. I told them I was gonna buy it from them but I wasn't ready to buy for a few weeks until I closed on my home loan. They were going to hold it for me, but they sold it to someone else. When I was ready to buy it they were out of 2011 2450's. They said they could get one from another dealer but I would have to pay $300 shipping fees.