SC2400 limited cat 1 3 pt

/ SC2400 limited cat 1 3 pt #1  

Djkost

Tractor
cub cadet
I bought 2 attachments now, box scraper and a 50 inch snow blower. I have a question on the limited cat 1 3 pt. I understand that it means it will not lift as high but thats not my problem. The lower arms seem to be to narrow. I can't get them open enough to hook them up. I switched the pins on the attachements to the inside and it is still hard to attach the blower and box scraper. Its down right missable to hook up. Any one have a solution to this problem or am I going to have to fight every time I change to a differant attachement? Thanks.

/ SC2400 limited cat 1 3 pt
I see on other posts about Pat's quick change. Will this solve the problem and allow the attachment pins to be placed on the outside again,

/ SC2400 limited cat 1 3 pt #3  
The ball joint for one or both lower links (where the links connect to the tractor) might be too stiff preventing the links spreading out. This happened with one of my lower links and fixed this by taking the link off, inserting a steel rod in the hole of the joint and tapping the rod with a hammer until the ball loosened. I assume that you have loosened the sway links.

I have the same tractor (Australian ea 2400) and can tomorrow measure the maximum length between the outer ball joints if you need this for reference.

Thanks for the advise jbwilson. I worked both arms loose. Took awhile but got it done.

Last edited:
   / SC2400 limited cat 1 3 pt #5  
Re: Parts / Service Manual For CCY SX3100
I can spread apart the lower linkages to 28 inches between the inside edges of the eye-ball joints. At this distance the right lower link (the height adjustable one) swings out more the the left lower link - about 2 inches or so. The spread is limited by the movement of the upper eye-ball joints on the lift links, particularly the left lift link. At the widest position, the sway link for the right lower link is adjusted at maximum elongation.

I have a 43 inch box scraper with the clevis pins facing inwards requiring the lower linkages to be contracted to about 14 inches to allow the pins to be slipped on. My carry-all also has inwards facing pins and requires the lower links to be spread apart by 25 inches to fit properly.

Given that the lower right link spreads out further than the left one, I imagine that the spread distance could be increased by a couple of inches by replacing the non-adjustable left lift link with an adjustable one, the same as the right lift link.

/ SC2400 limited cat 1 3 pt #6  
Dkjost - please ignore the first line of my repsonse referring to a part/service manual. This arose because I incorrectly posted my response to another post and copied over the title from that one. Just a computer fumble on my part.

I can now hook up my snowblower the right way with the pins on the outside. Wondering since the right arm extends further will that cause the blower to be pulled to the right?

/ SC2400 limited cat 1 3 pt #8  
Not if you centre the attachment when you lift it up on the 3pt linkage. The extra 2 inches of swing provided by the lower right link will enable the lower linkage to spread out by 28 inches (or therabouts) but then once the clevis pins are inserted both lower links are contracted by a couple inches anyway. If you need the extra swing you will need to allow for the additional offset when attaching the implement to the 3pt linkage. Once the implement is attached and lifted off the ground you can centre it (push it toward the lower left link until centred) - then tighten up the sway links on both lower links.

Right, good thinking. The arms and balls were full of paint from the factory that's y they didn't open or turn. Thanks for the help.