SX3100 vs Ex3200

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200 #1  

gj1999

I'm upgrading my sc2400 to either a sx3100 or ex3200. I'm really leaning to the sx3100 because of the ease to add the mower deck and I like the forward snowblower. I'm curious if anybody has had any negative issues with the sx3100.

Glenn

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200 #2  
It's very difficult to find much info on these tractors. I've done alot of research and was in the same place you were a few weeks ago. Either tractor is very nice. The SX is the newer design with a mid mount PTO standard. For me, the SX frame was too small and reminded me of a lawn mower. The EX3200 is an older design with a 3 speed tranny. I personally like the cockpit of the EX better...some may find it cramped. I just bought an EX32 and its getting delivered this SUnday.

They are both very good tractors. If you are interested, I know where there's a new SX with loader for 13.6. PM me if you want the info.

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200 #3  
JFCCAC did you just call my tractor a lawn mower:hissyfit:.i guess you did. Well gj1999 i have just purcjased a new SX3100 a month ago. I have not used it much yet so i can't comment to much on it. I am very happy with my purchase. I did get mine with a loader and MMM. A great set up for taking the MMM off. My reason for going with the sx3100 was the fact its alittle smaller versus the ex3200 and alittle lighter. One thing i am worried about that i will find out in the spring is if it is to heavy for mowing the lawn. I have tried it alittle this fall and it seemed ok weight wise. Just hope i don't tear up the lawn with it, time will tell. So just keep that in mind if your thinking of using it to cut your lawn. i figured its in the area of 2500lbs with loader and mmm. Good luck with your search. I don't think you can go wrong with any choice you make. And by the way i believe the sx3100 has more break out force than the ex3200 just i side note for those calling my tractor a lawn mower.:yell:. LOL have fun shopping.

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200 #4  
Builder,

I guess I did! It does have a MMM...so it is a lawn mower..is it not?

I looked at the SX and the EX. Its all in your preference. I like the EX better as it looks beefier and is a bigger overall frame. It's (the EX) also an older design as compared to the SX.

Builder...I'm not sure what specs you are looking at but the brochure I have in front of me shows breakout for the SX at 2090 and the EX at 2500 (at the pins).

Either tractor is great...

JC

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200 #5  
I had an EX2900, basically the same as an EX3200. I really liked it, but have no experience with the SX models.

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200 #6  
jfccac, your right the EX has more break out force, the SX has more lift capacity. i would say pretty impressive for my "lawm mower":hissyfit: to have more lift capacity over the EX. I don't get that one with the EX being a heavier unit. You are right both units would be great. I did forget to mention that when you remove the mower deck your ground clearence is cut down to about 6-7" due to the rear mounts for the deck. They could be removed if needed but not that quick.Hail to the machine that can lift more !!!!:cool2:

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200
My main uses are mowing, landscaping, and orchard cleanup. I talked to the dealer and am waiting to see what he can give me for my sc2400, MMM, loaded and SB45. I decided to get the sx3100, it fits my needs more and is almost identical to the Jd2720, so parts aren't an issue. I wouldn't mind a JD, but the price is too steep. I looked at the specs and its a trade off and you can put a MMM on the ex3200, I saw a 60" deck on one in Frederick, MD. I'm sure if you call the dealer, they will sell you one.

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200 #8  
I love my SX3100, the fel, and mmm are easy on, easy off. I leave the fel off when I mow, I haven't had any problems with turf damage.

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200 #9  
JFCCAC you obviously limited knowledge of tractor ownership if you are referring to the SX as a "lawn mower" . I own both the EX 3200 and the SX 3100 and both are excellent machines. This is only this country girl's opinion but I think my SX is more versatile.

/ SX3100 vs Ex3200 #10  
pretty interesting first post....tractor chic. You may want to read what you typed before formally posting...as while I may have limited tractor knowledge, it appears your grasp of the English language leaves a bit to be desired

so..do explain what 'versatile' means in your world.

I'm not dissing either machine...as a matter of fact, my brother in law bought an SX with a FEL and a MMM...based on a push (recommendation) from me.

I like the EX better...for what I want to do with it. Many like the SX for their intended needs. Either one is great....as long as it's black and yellow.