Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2011 Cub Yanmar EX2900

Default ex2900/3200 hood vibration just started

it's just at certain rpm's, and nothing major, but it's a new sound and I don't want it!
    anyone know of a quick and easy way to quiet it. i literally touch it with a finger and it stops...very slight but ya know....

Tractor
    CCY SX3100

Default Re: ex2900/3200 hood vibration just started

I have the perfect fix for you. Find a nice size rock and duct tape it to the hood. Most duct tape is rated for 200 mph so you should be good
    Ok i take it you have checked to make sure things are tight. Also check to make sure the hood latch holds nice and tight. If all else fails you can put alittle weight under the hood i think its fiberglass/plastic so a magnetic weight is out of the question. Good luck.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet Yanmar Ex3200

If it's vibrating against something, like the dash cowl, etc, you can take a length of tubing, like vacuum hose, slice down the length of it and then fit it around the edges of the hood so it snug fits and doesn't cause the vibration. Sort of like a weather strip on a car door. Worked really well on my garden tractor hood which vibrated from day one.
    Cub Cadet Yanmar EX3200 w/FEL
    Husqvarna YTH24K48 24HP V-Twin Kohler 48" Deck
    Lovin' it in NH.

Tractor
    CCY Sc2400 TL NH T2320 TL

Quote Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
    it's just at certain rpm's, and nothing major, but it's a new sound and I don't want it!
    anyone know of a quick and easy way to quiet it. i literally touch it with a finger and it stops...very slight but ya know....
    I would think there would be a reason for this which could be an underlying problem. I realize that some areas are very cold this time of year, I used to live in Grand Forks, ND, so maybe it's idling a little harder than normal. I know when mine started vibrating hard and making a noise, the air cleaner bracket was broken. Once I replaced that, the noise and vibration went away.
    CCY Sc2400, Woods PHD35, Very Old 60" BB, Harbor Freight QH, EF115 Flail Mower, BX42s Chipper, County Line Carry-All, County Line (Tarter Gate) 48" Tiller, Homemade 60" Dethatcher