Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #11  
Ditto, sorry to hear about the shut-off trouble. I echo ScoutCub's request to keep us posted.

The dealer should be able to isolate the problem relay by taking them out and applying voltage to the correct pins. A good relay will have an audible click and a $5 multimeter can tell you if the circuit has closed properly or remains open. I should also mention that after chasing fuel shut-off issues on my Toro Z that my issue was neither the solenoid or relay, it was the wire in between...again, a cheap multimeter will isolate the problem.

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #12  
Update:

After replacing the fuel solenoid for the second time, and the problem still happening, took it back to the dealer. They and the Yanmar factory rep went over the tractor, still thinking it was an electrical issue of some kind....one of the various switches or relays that have to be in order ( seat, neutral switch, PTO, etc ) for the tractor to start and stay running.

WHILE they had it in the shop, it quit running on them, and the shop tech just happened to notice the plastic fuel filter housing under the right fender caving inward.....like it was starving for fuel and couldn't get it out of the tank. He jerked the fuel line off at the tank bottom and almost nothing was coming out. Stuck a long, thin screwdriver blade up in the fitting and got drenched with fuel !

Turned out the problem was plastic drill shavings ( most likely from drilling the plastic tank to install the fuel line fitting ), along with some other kind of gunk that got wrapped IN the drill shaving, almost completely plugging the fuel out port......can you believe that ?

They removed the tank, flushed it good, and that seems to have ended the problem.

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #13  
Update:

WHILE they had it in the shop, it quit running on them, and the shop tech just happened to notice the plastic fuel filter housing under the right fender caving inward.....like it was starving for fuel and couldn't get it out of the tank. He jerked the fuel line off at the tank bottom and almost nothing was coming out. Stuck a long, thin screwdriver blade up in the fitting and got drenched with fuel !

Turned out the problem was plastic drill shavings ( most likely from drilling the plastic tank to install the fuel line fitting ), along with some other kind of gunk that got wrapped IN the drill shaving, almost completely plugging the fuel out port......can you believe that ?

They removed the tank, flushed it good, and that seems to have ended the problem.

This sounds like what's happening to my sc2400. Mine will run for awhile, sometimes hours on hours without a problem and sometimes it's 10 minutes. It's only shut off on me a couple of times but every now and then the rpms will drop to almost nothing. After replaceing the fuel filters and it still doing the same thing, I decided to unhook the fuel line from the tank. Like what you described, a trickle was coming out of the tank like there was something blocking the hole. I stuck a small piece of wire in there and the fuel started to flow like normal. I hooked the line back up and it ran normal. Now everytime it starts to act up, rpms dropping/tractor surging, I unhook the fuel line and stick something in the fuel port until fuel flows like it should. I've been trying to find the time to drop the tank and clean it out to see if that helps. I don't use my tractor much, averaging just over 40 hours a year over 4 years, so I was thinking maybe the diesel had gelled or something and was causing my problems.

Thanks for the info.
Greg

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #14  
Could be bad diesel, but I'll almost bet you find the same thing.....plastic shavings/spirals where they drilled the plastic tank for the fuel line fitting. May also have a little bit of something else in with the shavings ( look like a bug of some kind in with the shavings that came out of my tank ), but it just floats around in the tank until it settles right over the fuel line port, and bingo.....no fuel. Picture a marble rolling around in the tank until it lands on the fuel port.

One of my suggestions to the Yanmar engineers that came out to the farm was instead of just a simple fitting for the fuel line, they put a screened adapter up an inch or two into the tank with the fuel line connected to the outer side of that adapter....that way, even if whoever makes the tanks doesn't dump out the drill shavings ( which they should ), any future crud that got in the tank wouldn't do the exact same thing. Heads shook up and down, but we'll see if it ever gets to production....ahahahaaa