Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #1  

CDOG

Tractor
YM 1500
I am about to retire my old Ym1500 grey market yanmar and looking to purchase the new CC Yanmar Lx410 any other owners have any advice on this machine.

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #2  
I've put almost 50 hours on my LX, its been excellent. Mine has all the same parts as the 410, just a different transmission (HST). I've found it has plenty of power for loader work, box bladeing, and plowing snow but haven't used the PTO for anything yet.. I'm about 5' 11" 200lbs and I find its very comfortable and easy to use, I love the quick-attach on the front loader. It also has great lighting for night work. It seems pretty fuel efficient from what I can tell and the fluids on the dipsticks are still clear after almost 50 hours of use.

Note, the 410 is probably a 2011 model, Yanmar added a zero to the model number after they split from CC that same year but its the same machine they make today. Just thought I'd mention that so you know you can get a better discount over the 2012 and 13 production models.

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410
Thanks for the Info I actually found that the one dealer was trying to sell me the 2011 model as if it was 2013. I spoke with another dealer and he actually has the full Yanmar version new hood design and he had 2 pair rear hydraulic remotes for the same price as the 2011 with no rear remotes. So I am planning on closing the deal in early March when I get my funds together. I am pretty sold on this Tractor I just cant see shopping any longer I am set on the New Yanmar LX

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410
Whats a Good price to ask for a YM 1500 yanmar with 4ft bush hog, disc, Box blade all in good condition and shed kept.

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #5  
I was wondering how your LX4100 was doing? I looked at one myself but I'm new to tractors but it sure drove nice. They are selling a LX4100 here in Ct new with a FEL and Backhoe for 32k which I think includes our 6.5 sales tax

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #6  
Still lovin my LX HST! I've been using mine mostly for driveway gravel work (loader and box blade), snow plowing (loader mounted blade), and moving firewood and trailers around. I plan to add garden tilling to that list soon. This was my first tractor and I think its been easy to learn on. The Syncro Throttle is great and does make driving the tractor a lot like a car.

I've been meaning to write a comprehensive review but here's a few observations off the top of my head:

* The tractor fits me well and is very comfortable, I'm 5'11," 200lbs.

* The quick-attach on the loader has been a perfect fit for other attachments I've tried, fork lift, snow plow, etc.

* Would like a longer 3 point hitch lever, the current one seems a little short for where its placed. That said, the three point raises and lowers smoothly unlike some other brand I've read about. The telescoping links tho are great!

* The only "finish" gripes I have are the stickers, and the fact the fiberglass body is a one-piece-fits all design, so you have empty slots and bezels here and there meant to be used with the shuttle-shift version of the tractor. I don't expect the stickers to last the life of the tractor and will need to be replaced at some point, but the extra slots and bezels have been useful to run auxiliary wiring, etc.

* When shifting between gear ranges sometimes the lever won't go into gear and you need to give the tractor a little throttle or release the brake to get the shifter to move. I've read this is common with the other brand HST tractors as well. Acceleration and changing directions is very smooth, generally the only time you need to use the brakes is stopping on an incline.

*The fiberglass body has been durable and survived a pretty long and cold winter without any cracking or breaks, this was one of my concerns, but the more I deal with rust on my other equipment the more I like the fiberglass body.

* I was unsure about the instrument cluster design, colors, etc, having preferred simply analog gauges in the past, but the design of the instrument cluster has grown on me so I can say I now like it. Its easy to read both during daylight conditions and at night.

* Its been easy to add electrical accessories like snow plow controls, battery tender, block heater, etc, there's plenty of room under the hood to work. I really like the one-piece hood design. Its really easy to check fluids on the tractor, I've had no problems changing the fluids, filters, greasing the zerks, etc.

* Lighting and blinker visibility on the tractor is excellent. I have not added any auxiliary lighting besides a magnetic rear light.

* I like the fuel tank fill behind the seat, as opposed to the top of the hood on other tractors. Fuel economy has been good, I think I get a little better than an hour per gallon.

* The manual is well written, illustrated, and easy to follow and understand, etc.

That's all off the top of my head for now. All-in-all I would say its a very well thought out, well-built tractor! Please let me know if you have any questions to help with your purchasing decision. :)

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #7  
I've put almost 50 hours on my LX, its been excellent. Mine has all the same parts as the 410, just a different transmission (HST). I've found it has plenty of power for loader work, box bladeing, and plowing snow but haven't used the PTO for anything yet.. I'm about 5' 11" 200lbs and I find its very comfortable and easy to use, I love the quick-attach on the front loader. It also has great lighting for night work. It seems pretty fuel efficient from what I can tell and the fluids on the dipsticks are still clear after almost 50 hours of use.

Note, the 410 is probably a 2011 model, Yanmar added a zero to the model number after they split from CC that same year but its the same machine they make today. Just thought I'd mention that so you know you can get a better discount over the 2012 and 13 production models.

The 410 is a shuttle shift.....the 4100 is the hydro version. Same for 450/4500....490/4900. The Cub Yanmars were produced from 08-11...and the Cub Yanmar LX series (i believe) were only 10 & 11. The new Yanmars say simply that, but the exact same machine. Get it now, before they return to the gray/red color scheme....The hydros came out in 12...or maybe 13? You should be able to get a deeper discount for an older machine, but still sold with a new warranty.
I started with a LX490, but just didn't care for the shuttle shift in the woods, and my other machines are hydros......so I switched it for the LX4900 and love it.

Good luck.

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #8  
Yep, thanks for clarifying the model numbers scoutcub. The Yanmar HST press release was March 2012, I got mine that summer. I agree, I love the yellow and black paint scheme. I hope Yanmar doesn't change the US models to Red & Gray, but I think that's just speculation at this point.

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #9  
Bought a Yanmar LX410 (shuttle shift)fall of 2012....love it.....when it runs. It began to simply shut off ( just as if you cut the key off ) about 75hrs into my ownership.

First fuel shutoff problem started about March of 2013. Dealer replaced the fuel solenoid on the injector pump that is supposed to stop the fuel when you cut the key switch off. That seemed to cure the problem, until last week, at 210hrs, when it started the same situation.....very intermittent....you might run 5 minutes and it die, or 3 hours.....no pattern I could determine.

Dealer replaced the fuel solenoid AGAIN ( 2nd time ) and said "it's fixed". I brought it home, drove off the trailer, let it idle while I unhitched the trailer and it died twice in 15 minutes while just idling ( shuttle in neutral, park brake on, with lights lit on both ).

Took it back, and they've had it a week now.

There is a fuel solenoid relay and a main relay that all the seat/neutral/brake switches run thru....possibly one is bad, but the main relay has to be ordered from Japan according to my dealer....not even one IN the US.

Love the tractor....when it runs.

/ Cub cadet/Yanmar LX410 #10  
Bought a Yanmar LX410 (shuttle shift)fall of 2012....love it.....when it runs. It began to simply shut off ( just as if you cut the key off ) about 75hrs into my ownership.

First fuel shutoff problem started about March of 2013. Dealer replaced the fuel solenoid on the injector pump that is supposed to stop the fuel when you cut the key switch off. That seemed to cure the problem, until last week, at 210hrs, when it started the same situation.....very intermittent....you might run 5 minutes and it die, or 3 hours.....no pattern I could determine.

Dealer replaced the fuel solenoid AGAIN ( 2nd time ) and said "it's fixed". I brought it home, drove off the trailer, let it idle while I unhitched the trailer and it died twice in 15 minutes while just idling ( shuttle in neutral, park brake on, with lights lit on both ).

Took it back, and they've had it a week now.

There is a fuel solenoid relay and a main relay that all the seat/neutral/brake switches run thru....possibly one is bad, but the main relay has to be ordered from Japan according to my dealer....not even one IN the US.

Love the tractor....when it runs.

First of all, :welcome: to TBN!
Sorry to hear of the issues....I would think the dealer would have spent a bit more time testing....maybe your luck is like mine....:laughing:
At least they have it and should make it right for you. Let us know what transpires!