yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower.

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower. #1  

jdesjardin

For anyone that has this tractor with a mid mount mower, I have a question. What is the process of putting on and taking off the mower? I an trying to decide if I should get a mid mount or rear mount.. Also about how long time wise does the process take?

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower. #2  
Once you do it a few times & know what you're doing it should take about 5 min. with a nice hard & semi-level work area asuming you can man handle the mower out the side. It's really a good time to give a visual inspection of the underside of your tractor too.

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower. #3  
I recently took off the mmm of my Yanmar for the first time. It took me about 20 minutes or so, but I'd say at least half of that time was due to my over-caution, second guessing of the Operator's Manual and other distractions such as taking an interest in the undersides of my tractor. With experience it would probably take 10 minutes making a casual effort or 5 minutes as MFred says if you work with purpose.

As MFred says, a solid surface is ideal. You need room on the right hand side of the tractor in order to slide the deck underneath. The Operator's Manual is useful.

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower. #4  
I recently took off the mmm of my Yanmar for the first time. It took me about 20 minutes or so, but I'd say at least half of that time was due to my over-caution, second guessing of the Operator's Manual and other distractions such as taking an interest in the undersides of my tractor. With experience it would probably take 10 minutes making a casual effort or 5 minutes as MFred says if you work with purpose.

As MFred says, a solid surface is ideal. You need room on the right hand side of the tractor in order to slide the deck underneath. The Operator's Manual is useful.

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower.
Thanks everyone for your input, very helpful.

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower. #6  
I take mine off every two weeks to clean and sharpen it good (more often if I am going to till or do something else with it) but I mow 9-12 hrs a week I usually put the loader on before I take it off, I have a gimp knee and find its easier if I lift the front end with the loader then its easier to pull it out. takes about 3 minutes to remove 6 minutes to install spray a silicone lube on the rear retainers when you put it on lubes them up better and doesnt attract dirt like oil

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower. #7  
I'm sure it's easier if you have a good size garage. I don't, and honestly it's a PITA.
I won't do it without the loader. Obviously it comes off quicker than it goes on.

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower. #8  
I'm sure it's easier if you have a good size garage. I don't, and honestly it's a PITA.
I won't do it without the loader. Obviously it comes off quicker than it goes on.

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower. #9  
Mine is off more than on as I use the FEL and BH a lot. It is not a real difficult procedure but it does take a little practice. Remember that the hydraulics for the 3 point hitch that raises and lowers the mower deck is only gravity down and hydraulic up. If your linkage is up and you want to lower it to line up with your deck sometimes you will need nto push it down so you can install the pins. How do I know, BTDT. Anyway, go for it it is all experience enjoying the journey.

/ yanmar Sc2400 mid mount mower. #10  
Argh!!I hadn't thought about the "hydraulics up, gravity down" issue for the mower hitch! I couldn't get the arms to go down and I knew it had to be simple. Thanks you saved me lots of time and possibly a service call. Can't wait to get home from work!