Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30

/ Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30 #1  

Bob up and down

Tractor
Yanmar EX2900
Okay, disregard my prior post, the CK20 went back to the dealer with issues. Now I have narrowed my decision to either a new Kioti CK30 or a new Yanmar EX2900. The weight, lifting capacities, hydro pumps on the Kioti are all bigger. Both come with a FEL, the kioti is a gear shift where as the Yanmar is HST.

Price on the Kioti is 14400.00

Yanmar is 14000.00

Which tractor will have a higher resale? Is Yanmar regarded as a high quality product? History of the Yanmar should be a lot greater than the Kioti.

What do you suggest overall? Thanks!

/ Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30 #2  
Both are good tractors. The extra weight and specs might sway to Kioti. But, just buy the one you like best. You can't go wrong.

/ Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30 #4  
Probally the same, which dealer do you like better? Kioti has a 4 year warranty.

/ Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30
Probally the same, which dealer do you like better? Kioti has a 4 year warranty.

I like the Yanmar dealer better, and it is 10 miles away, versus the Kioti which is over 30.

Yanmar warranty is 5 years.

/ Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30 #6  
   / Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30 #7  
I have the Yanmar SX3100 and it is a great machine, For me i would go with the HST, If you think you need the extra weight go with the Kioti. The only thing i wish my unit had was the 3 range HST. The ex2900 does have the 3 range HST which i think you will like. When you are comparing price i would price the CK30 with hst so your doing apples to apples. I did look at a bobcat ct225 (kioti ck25 twin) prior to my purchase of the Yanmar. It was a nice unit the only thing i did not like was the paint quality, the unit was rusting and paint flaking on the lot. I did like the telescoping 3pt arms on the ct225 but in the end i don't really change attachments all that often so the couple extra minutes it may take didn't matter to me in the end. I don't think you can go wrong with the choice you end up making. Good luck. Just my 2 cents worth.

/ Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30 #8  
I'm new to Yanmar since buying one this summer, everything I've learned so far is they make top quality stuff. There really aren't many new tractor Yanmar problems being posted on TBN, if there's any at all. And this line of tractors has been out for, what, 5-6 years now? Besides that, consider the history Yanmar has making tractors and engines for John Deere.

I have 3 range HST, but not sure its necessary, the only time I need to shift is from High to Medium because High won't take the hill or pull/push the load. I haven't found a need yet for low gear with loader/box blade work.

/ Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30 #9  
How about resale value?

I'd call that a wash. Kioti has been selling tractors here for 25 years (1986), and Yanmar has been building tractors and engines for other companies for many years as well (not sure how long, but long enough).

I think putting too much emphasis on resale is kind of silly (not saying you are)....buy the machine that best fits your needs, and you'll be happier while you're actually using it, which is the most important time. Being happy when you sell it...sure, that counts, but not as much.

/ Yanmar EX2900 vs. Kioti CK30 #10  
We looked at both Kioti and Yanmar and went with the Yanmar stick shift because the dealer was closer and they had 0% interest. I really like it and it is very user friendly. We added a quick hitch as we change implements alot. We mostly do field work so didn't need the HST.