SC2450 Backhoe on a John Deere 2305

/ SC2450 Backhoe on a John Deere 2305 #1  

Flounder11

Tractor
Cub Cadet SC2450
Does anyone know if a backhoe from a SC2450 will work on a John Deere 2305? A friend with the 2305 needs a backhoe. Rather than rent a trailer to bring my whole tractor, I'd rather just put the backhoe on a small trailer and bring that over.

Thanks,
Flounder11

/ SC2450 Backhoe on a John Deere 2305 #2  
I don't think Houdini could make that work. If the "Friend" is wanting to borrow your unit to use the backhoe, my advise would be "NO". I would strongly suggest steering him to a equipment rental. Serious, expensive damage will and does occur when "Friends" borrow equipment.

/ SC2450 Backhoe on a John Deere 2305
This friend would use it properly. He helps me fix my stuff when I break it. I'm the friend who breaks the stuff I borrow. Neither one of us have a trailer heavy duty enough to transport my SC2450. I was hoping I could just bring the backhoe and he could put it on his JD 2305. Looks like he will be renting a trailer.

/ SC2450 Backhoe on a John Deere 2305 #4  
A backhoe needs a subframe. Most manufacturers will not honor the warranty if a backhoe on a three point hitch causes damage to the tractor. Since subframes are generally specific to a particular tractor model or series, the likelihood of your subframe fitting his tractor is slim. Not to mention the difficulties in removing and reinstalling the subframe. I would suggest getting a trailer heavy and large enough to transport your tractor, loader and backhoe, assuming either of you have a vehicle with sufficient capacity to haul that kind of load on a trailer.