Sc2450 FEL Hydraulic Caps

/ Sc2450 FEL Hydraulic Caps #1  

Marauderer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar Sc2450
The debris caps that came on my 2450 are junk.:mad: I have lost one completely and the other especially the ones that plug the female hyd. fittings won't stay in. Is anyone else having this problem but me. And if you are have you got different caps that work.:eek:

/ Sc2450 FEL Hydraulic Caps #2  
My number one complaint. I have complained to Yanmar on their surveys that they are completely useless. Considering where Yanmar decided to put the disconnects IMO it's critical to have good caps. I came up empty looking for something better. A few years ago I painted the disconnects to match the caps, cut an old bicycle inner tube into suitable lengths. I hot glued one end, and stretch the tube over the female disconnect, works fine. Granted its a minor issue all in all, but important none the less.

/ Sc2450 FEL Hydraulic Caps
GC, you are absolutely correct. Clean hydraulic fuel is absolutely essential for a good running tractor. I am going to have to come up with something better. I will probably start at McMasters-Carr and see what they have that I can use or modify and use.

/ Sc2450 FEL Hydraulic Caps #4  
   / Sc2450 FEL Hydraulic Caps
I will have to check that out Aaron. Thanks for the input.