Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake

/ Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake #1  

scot4152

Tractor
Yanmar LX 4500, Satoh-Mitsubishi Buck S470D
Hey,
Just purchased a Yanmar Lx 4500 HST with FEL and Backhoe, I'm interested in buying a Rear Blade and a Landscape Rake, but I'm not sure what length I should buy for either attachment. The tractor width is 72", R4 tires, weighs 5000 lbs (with front loader). I live in Western PA at the foot of the Appalachia on 14 hilly acres; 10 wooded the other 4 badly overgrown pasture. the driveway has a 75' gradient, is about 1000' in length and is composed of 2B limestone. The blade and rake among other things will be used for snow removal and driveway maintenance.
Please, avail me of your thoughts, criticisms, funny stories and experiences regarding my question or anything else you care to inform and delight me with.

/ Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake #2  
Welcome to TBN! Nice Tractor! :thumbsup:

I think if you check your operator's manual, mine shows it on page 4-2, the recommended width for both is seven feet (84 inches). I'd stick with that. For extra versatility tho you may want to consider a sliding grader blade that can reach well beyond the tractor width on one side. This would be useful for re-collecting driveway gravel that was pushed to the side during the snow plow season.

FYI, I have a 7'6" front mounted snow plow. The LX has no problem pushing it, but it does appear just a hair too wide for the tractor.

/ Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake #3  
Welcome to TractorByNet. :tractor:

/ Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake #4  
:welcome: Rear blade should be 84"

/ Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake #5  
These are the implements that I would be looking at.

Either an RB3684 or if you can, an RBT3584 if you can afford it. Very nice blades, and you do not have to get them with the hydraulics.. I have one of it's big brothers, an RBT45108 and hope to get the RBT3584 :drool: for my smaller tractor in the future.

Again If I were purchasing a new landscape rake this one would be the one for me.

The bad part of the implements that I recommended is that they are on the upper end of the cost scale, :( but when purchasing NEW IMPLEMENTS, you usually get what you pay for.

Good luck. ;)

/ Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake #6  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Cub Cadet Yanmar & CUTs forum. :)

/ Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake #7  
You will want a 7'

I like the Woods HBL84-2, Monroe Tuffline GB4-72, and the Land Pride RBT3584. If you go with a lighter duty blade that tractor will make scrap of it.

/ Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake #8  
Welcome aboard, and nice machine! Any pics of the new beast?
I would jump on board with the 84" crowd. And the Landpride blades Brian pointed out are still on my wish list.....

You may want to consider adding the dual rear remote kit. I added it to my first LX , it wasn't a hard project at all. I also added the front aux valve for the grapple I have, I love that setup.

Good Luck!

/ Hey, just bought yanmar Lx4500, need help deciding on 7' or 8' Rear blade and Rake #9  
Check out our Xtreme Duty 6 way scrape blades. They provide many great features such as the ability to easily tilt, angle and offset as well as quick hitch compatibility and optional accessories such as skid shoes and side plates.
If you do the research, you'll find that our blades provide the best value on the market. I'm not saying that there aren't heavier blades on the market but I think ours is by far the best in it's price range.
All of our blades ship free to a business or supporting freight terminal within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC.
Travis