BXpanded bucket mount plow on my sc2400

/ BXpanded bucket mount plow on my sc2400 #1  

Gods Country

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar sc2400 TLD, 1989 Ford 2120 with loader
Well I finally broke down and purchased the bxpanded plow.
It's all together waiting for snow (falling as I type this :thumbsup:).
I hope to keep this thread updated with hopeful useful information, since there seems to be a lack of good information on this plow.
I will get some pic up ASAP.
I live in snow country with about 1/2 mile (probably more) between the two lanes to maintain on the property.
Both dirt, and very challenging to keep safe and open due to the terrain. I'm certain I will be able to give real world experience with this plow, for better or worse.

/ BXpanded bucket mount plow on my sc2400 #2  
Where are the pics?
I'm anxious to see that black plow mounted on the tractor!

/ BXpanded bucket mount plow on my sc2400
Where are the pics?
I'm anxious to see that black plow mounted on the tractor!

Just as soon as I can break free from work. It's going to snow today/tomorrow anyway, so coming soon.

Thanks for shipping the pin BTW!

/ BXpanded bucket mount plow on my sc2400
Pics of the new implement.

IMG_0518.JPGIMG_0519.JPG

I did some minor plowing last week. We had 3 or 4 slushy inches.
Not a great first time test since the ground was soft, and sloppy under the snow.
Steering was difficult due to the muddy slushy garbage under the snow.

It does push well, but going to need a bit more experience before I can get a better feel for how well it works.
Definitely need to be careful on the banks and edges of the drive. The extra weight in front combined with pushing the snow wants to drag the tractor into the snow bank when on a decent slope/crown.

Bets on how long it takes me to get stuck?:laughing:

/ BXpanded bucket mount plow on my sc2400 #5  
I like the setup, go slow on the banks! I don't have a loader for my 5254 yet but I am getting a plow setup ready now. I have a 5'4" Myers plow I am modifying to fit the front of the tractor. Good luck!.

/ BXpanded bucket mount plow on my sc2400 #6  
I just used my bxpanded plow tonight. This is my second year using it and I really like it! I just did in an hour what would take me three with just the bucket. For the 4-5 inches we got it is the best tool for the job.