Yanmar LX4100

/ Yanmar LX4100 #1  

CPortu

Tractor
Yanmar LX 4100
Hi All,
I've posted in a few different places thus far in my tractor search. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on an LX4100. I've got it down to pretty much the same price as a Kioti DK40HST and a LS4041H (about 21,500) with dual rear remotes (1 factor 1 additional)- All things being equal, I like Yanmar and it's history, 5 yrs of warranty and the flat deck among other things.

Any of you have experience good or bad with this tractor that you would care to share?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos-

/ Yanmar LX4100 #2  
I would post this in the Cub Cadet Yanmar forum......not too many "new" yanmar owners here. Good luck on your future tractor purchase!!

/ Yanmar LX4100 #3  
I respectfully disagree, Yanmar is no longer affiliated with Cub Cadet. The LX 4100 is, and only was, a Yanmar branded tractor. This model came out after CC and Yanmar went their separate ways. Also, more new Yanmar models are coming...

/ Yanmar LX4100 #4  
Disagree with what? I didn't say the LX4100 was a Cub product. I just think there are far more LX model followers in the CCY&CUT forum than here. The CC Yanmar owners are probably more familiar with "new" Yanmars than the majority here in the Yanmar brand forum......who are mostly YM owners and just coming into the FX line of ownership.

Yes, this is the Yanmar brand forum but even you seem to be answering a lot more of LX OP questions in the CCY&CUT forum than you did here (today). Heck, this thread had over 100 views before it got my response. I think I gave him good advise if he's wanting an answer.

/ Yanmar LX4100 #5  
As the owner of a couple of elderly US Yanmars - I would like to see new Yanmars settle in this group.

After a while the CC Yanmars will be just a sub-category of Yanmars. (And certainly welcome in this group!)

/ Yanmar LX4100 #6  
Thanks California! :thumbsup:

Personally I'd like to see the Cub Yanmar forum absorbed into the Yanmar forum. Yanmar has absorbed support for all Cub Yanmars, IMHO so should TBN. I don't mind the old tractor stuff, I just think its confusing for the new Yanmar tractor shoppers and that hurts the growth of the brand in the U.S.A.

/ Yanmar LX4100 #7  
Are you saying that all yanmars should be here or do ya'll want your own section. Doesn't really matter to me. Ya'll know where you would get the most traffic

/ Yanmar LX4100 #8  
I think all Yanmar branded tractors should be in the same forum, that includes the cubs because the Yanmar name is on them. For new tractor shoppers it shows the heritage and strength of the brand.

For an example, look at the TBN brand name post counts. After you merge Yanmar and Cub Yanmar, the combined forum ranks neck and neck with Kioti. Also, to keep it consistent with other top brands on TBN, I think it would make sense to have buying/pricing and owning/operating sub forums.

Note, I don't mean to slight anyone tied to the Cub brand, I like those paint colors, but the fact of the matter is Yanmar produced those tractors and assumed all warranties and support for them, I think this makes them a Yanmar product.

/ Yanmar LX4100 #9  
There is sort of an ongoing thread here on the diesel powered generators. Although that isn't tractor related it is Yanmar related and I enjoy reading their posts. Certainly not trying to open a debate but I personally also enjoy the newer Yanmar posts and learning more about them. One of these days our old generation Yanmars may give up the ghost and we'll have to move on. :D

/ Yanmar LX4100 #10  
If it's a Yanmar Tractor then it should be welcome on here. No matter what Yr. it was manufactured. This form is to help Yanmar Tractor owner with issue's they may have. I was just surprised that there wasn't any FX24 Parts Dia. available ? I even tried my Parts book and had nothing to help with the Throttle Linkage or the Tach. :confused: